• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

GOOD AREA LAKE NEAR THE 11TH CROW WING

I have a cabin on the 11th Crow Wing, and we plan on staying the week of the 4th of July. I would like to try a lake nearby that has a better pan fish bite. Any suggestions? THANKS!!!

Try 8th or 2nd crow wing. They are pretty good. I fish 11th often and there seems to be plenty of sunnies in there although its hard to find large ones.

That is my experience with the 11th. A lot of really small pan fish. And a few walleyes at night.

Yup, we're on 11th also and panfish numbers are good, but size is not. My little nephew got a dandy bluegill down on the east end once, but it seems a rare event. We need the bass to moderate the size structure a little bit.

I still need to try some of the other area lakes, so I'll take those suggestions.

We are located towards the east side of the lake, and I have pulled a couple nice gills out near our dock, over the years. I have had better luck on the otherside of 64, but still hard to find the bigger ones. I have had luck on Bass for Walleye, but I don't care for the boat landing over there.

In my experience 11th is a much better lake for walleye fishing than Bass lake is. Bass lake is way too clear. However Bass lake is probably one of the best largemouth lakes in the area (that has a public access). There's a couple people that know how to fish the walleyes in Bass and they do get quite a few, but seldom get anything of size.

I have to confess when I was on Bass, it was with my neighbor, and I swear he can catch fish out of an empty bathtub. I've done well on the 11th with walleye over the years, but never more than 4 in a night. I have caught quite a few small northerns on the east side of 64, but none on the west side.

I plan on checking these two lakes out when we are up. THANKS for the tip!!

I'm still working on my walleye skills on 11th, and I have a lot of room to improve. I'm assuming this is better on the larger west basin (where I spend less time)? If anyone has any tips they'd like to share shoot me an email at solbergs(@)bsci.com and remove the (). I have good success with small to medium size northerns, east side also. Bass are also pretty decent in the east bay.

Bass lake is one of the prettiest lakes I've been on and I love how clear it is. I hope the development stays low because it's really unique. Good fishing too, but because of it's small size I release everything back into the water (including 'eyes).

The west side has lots of good structure and is way better for walleyes than the east. I agree that Bass is a beautiful lake and thanks for releasing those fish, I have done the same there for many years. Hey have either of you ever put a boat into Alice? (walker area) just 3 miles or so east of 11th. Thats a great little fishing lake, but the access is tough. Pretty much limited to carryin. But talk about fun fishing. I fish it a couple times a year and fish it in the spring from shore too. Real nice sized panfish there. Welch lake up north of Leech can be great also. I've fished the area for 25 years. lol

I've never tried Alice, but I've been on Hay, south of Akeley. Lots of Northerns, catch and release. I was with a guy that lives on the lake. I don't think there is any public access.