• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Como Zoo area

I am going to be down at the Zoo this Saturday for a b-day party and I was thinkin to try fishing before the party starts. I know there is a lake called Como but is that in that area (stupid question I am sure)?? Are there any other lakes in that general area that I could fish from shore?? Any info is appreciated.

Como lake is just a few blocks east of Como Zoo.

From Como Zoo go east on Horton Ave. cross Lexington Ave and you'll run right into the lake. Its only a few blocks.

Take a look at google maps, just put in the como zoo address and you'll see the lake on the map.

If you go along the south shore of the lake you will come across a fishing pier on the south east corner that you can fish from or you can go along the north shore of the lake and find some more shore spots.

I haven't fished it but I know you can get into some small gills, and maybe a hammer handle pike or two.

There are loads bullheads and tiny crappie in there and I know it has a few channel cats too. I haven't fished it, but I drive by it everyday. Pretty much the entire lake is SERIOUSLY weedy. Weedy to the point that fishing from shore or that pier on the south end will be difficult.

Thanks for the info guys, looks like I am going straight to the b-day party. Doesn't sound like you can fish around that lake, but I will see about the fishing pier.

you might try bennett lake in roseville

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/results.html

just up the road from como...if you're coming from Coon Rapids...694 to lexington south...central park and bennett lake south of County Road C and to the east...one or two fishing piers on the lake, I think