• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Come on someone must have something recent to report ??

Got out for a few hours the other night and did real well for size but last night was slow for us from 6-9pm.

Cheesey side as usual.

Quote:

Got out for a few hours the other night and did real well for size but last night was slow for us from 6-9pm.

Cheesey side as usual.

If you ever see this big guy pull up to your boat, you know you are fishing in the right spot. For us, we only managed 2 20". Now Steve on the other hand had a 28" & a 29" stashed in his livewell which are still swimming out in the pond. Nice Fish Steve!

Picture0232.jpg

We fished last week end after the marathon about 4 miles out in front of the McQuade landing, found good water temp 45-55 on the surface. As many as 9 boats were working the area but we only had 1 fish and another release and didn't see much action on the other boats. We were downrigging, anywheres from 60 to 160 feet, marked fish much deeper but didn't have that capability, should we have been using the boards and doing more on the surface? Thanks.

Very nice walleyes Steve. Even better that there still swimming around for someone else to catch and release. I can't believe the amount of big walleyes some people eat that have been in and out of that river for all those years.

I hit the south shore yesterday for part of the day in search of big eyes but couldn't get the lakers to leave me alone smirk.gif landed 9 lakers and one walleye. Kept 3 lakers for the smoker and released everything else.

WOW Ran, I need to fish with you one day. I fished Saturday near McQuade for about 6 hours. We fished from the landing down to the pump and out as far as 2 miles.

Water temps from 45-54, fished everything in my box for sticks and spoons from 10' to 155'. One little dink coho was all we got.

Wade, it was just a buddy and I. I thought I had a crew of 4 but they decided to take there own boat. We could of used you. They ended up with 8 in there boat. You would think you would of done good where you were with those temps.

was out both days this weekend, fished the north shore 7-8 miles from the bridge. Saturday was better than Sunday, we boated 4 lakers and one chinook. all can out of 100 - 125 fow. A black and purple bomber took top honnors with three of the lakers. the chinook came of a black squid and meat about 30 ft down. Sunday we only landed one laker about 8 lbs. Both days were perfect for fishing and catching a few rays.

O

Thanks for posting that Cheffrey. Thats a nice pic except for the big one moving as the pic was taken and the gill getting opened up a bit. I was hoping to catch one of those Sat during the Lincoln park contest but we got blanked. Went back yesterday and got 3 nice eyes and 2 small lakers. Man was it hot before the winds picked up!

Ill be out tomorrow AM if the weather permits. Those eyes sure are moving a lot the past few days.

Blues and golds still seem to be best. Greens and hot colors havent done much.

No problem Steve, I don't know how to photo shop so sorry.

Got my daughter out in the islands today, she got to reel in her first Lake Superior fish today which turned out to be a 25 inch brown. We were pumped!

25inchbrownonthewater.jpg25inchbrown.jpg

Didn't get to fish much as it was too boring. frown.gif So we went to the beach on one of the islands and made sand castle's.

Fish came on a SWR rig in 60 FOW on a gold spoon, lost a nice king on top on a firetiger brads. Had one other release which may have been bottom, lost a lucky spoon.

Man Cheffrey with those sunglasses she had on you know she is going to be a movie star some day.

Both pics are pricelsss. She will love when you show them to her boyfriends in a couple years. wink.gif

I have Fri and Sat off. Lets go find some cold water.

I'll be finding warm water over at Leech, sorry man duty calls. tongue.gif

Easy on the boyfriend jokes, at least wait till she is a teenager. At that point I might be ready for it. smirk.gif

Tom, what a great pic and a nice fish. The first of many, congrats cool.gif

Steve, if you need a fishing partner later this week let me know I'm game.

Ran lets shoot for Friday AM if weather permits. I have my Bro coming up Sat I think.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Nice pictures, WTG Tom.

Northlander & Cheffrey,

Nice fish there Mr. Steve and great job on the photos Tom.

It looks like you guys have been busy going after fish on the big pond.

Randy my phone has not range how have you been doing confused.gif.

I'm lookign to get out with the girlfriends family this weekend....Hows the lake been guys?

Cheesy side still producing? Still hitting on spoons on the riggers, or are guys still getting them mostly with sticks on top?

By the way, duluthnewstribune.com today says park point beaches are closed do to high winds....what gives. I work on the lake, and i don't see a tree moving!

Lake was very very flat this morning and hot. The fishing was cold. No winds over 5mph that I saw or fealt. Im still trying to cool down. 1 more Mich should to the trick. grin.gif

Woody I will be out with my Brother. Call me on the cel or radio.

Looks like we could get rain later in the day so I will be out EARLY. Out of Loonyville.

Went out for a bit this evening. Took my son and a freinds son. My son Drake caught all three lakers. Nothing to brag about for size but nice size for fryers.

100_3336.jpg

100_3333.jpg

100_3331.jpg

Good EATERS wade good job way to go on the kids fishing smirk.gif

Steve, i'll call ya on the way out. I should be on the water around 1030 or so. Girlfriends father and brother are coming out with me, but they have some things they need to take care of before coming out.....

Her brother is young and won't need a license...however, i don't think her father has a WI license.....if i'm stuck in MN....i have NO clue where to go. My Depth finder crapped the bed last trip out also....it just says on demo mode.

Just makes that purchase i wanted with the GPS/Sonar unit coming along sooner than expected.

I think i might bring my LX5 out just so i can check depth once in awhile...GPS will help me lots, i mark every spot i have a relase, or catch a fish...and i know the depths of most of them.

Good luck all~

Hey Wade,

Great photos of your boy. Good job putting him on some fish also.