• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How has the catching been on the big lake as of late ? Has been a while since there has been a report . Are they moving around to the Mn. side more now ?

It has been very good on both sides. Maybe overall better on south shore but we did very good Saturday on the MN side.

Lots of kings this year, which has been fun.

I'm hoping try the big lake out of Duluth for the first time tomorrow. Does anyone have any location or bite tips for Lakers or Cohos that you care to share? I'm planning on heading up the Minnesota side perhaps to the Lester.

I'd attended Tom Phister's trolling seminar earlier this year and am all fired up! smile.gif

Thanks, Paul

I will be heading out of the Knife River Marina this week end with my dad. Have the fish moved up the shore much or will we have to motor down towards the pumping station? How early Sat. morning do they close the road for Grandmas? Dad lives by the French River and his boat is at the Knife, thanks. Any other info on the fishing would be greatly appreciated.

Lots of fish being caught on the Cheesey side.

I have not talked to anyone that has been down by the knife and personally I have not been much past the amnicon or the lester. With the rising temps and as the winds switch around, I would expect conditions may change over the next week or two.

I managed 1 laker/1 coho on Saturday on the WI side, and 2 of us managed 5 lakers and 1 coho on Sunday on the WI side. All top water, depths ranged from 78-94'....1.7 - 2.4 MPH. We had no hot bombers....with six lines out...all six of them either caught a fish, or had a release. No one lure caught more than 1 fish. Weird.

I hope Papa Woodie meant he and his boat partner only had 4 lines out and not six, since using six lines for 2 people would not be legal? confused.gif

Woodie and another can use 6 on the Sconny side. In Wisconsin you get 3 lines per person on the big lake.

Wade,

That because you ...... oh never mind I don't want to start a border war laugh.gif

6 it was, and 6 we did. Genio...hope you weren't fishing recently with only 4 lines out of 6! Those two extra lines can make a huge difference!

Woodie when are you going out again, I would like to get out soon

Tom, I'm going to be out Saturday and Sunday for sure. I don't work the bar on thursday, so i might think of skipping out of work at 4 or so...and trying till close to dark. Might be enough time to pick up a few.

What do you think of Thursday or Saturday? Sunday is the get together, and the GF will be with....i can run 8 poles in the boat safely, but only have 6 Lake Superior comobos to my name. (if I were to run 3 folks in my boat on Sunday)...

Got out this morning from 7-9 and picked up 5 fish, purple still seems to be the ticket for us.

2 Coho

1 King

1 Laker

1 Eye

All fish were picked up 'bout 2 miles from the entry in 60 FOW.

Everything on top except for the Laker that hit a Teddy Bear on a dipsie, weighed in around 10lbs.

Got out and hit a spot I had found last week and done real well on. Well after the WW there wasnt anything left in it. frown.gif

We trolled for over 3 hours and only had 1 fish on that eventually came unglued before we could see what it was. We graphed a ton of fish but couldnt get it done.

Coolest thing today was I was crankin in a silver/chart bomber pretty dang fast and had a big laker come flying at it and just missed it. Needless to say I kept pumping that stick back and forth in the water for a while but it didnt come back. In all my fishing out on the pond this was the 1st time I have ever sen that. Anyone else have this happen or actually hook a fish while crankin in a line?

Im hoping for good weather on Sunday so I can get the Lund out on the pond.

Ripstick ya want to bring you mast and boards and try it if its doable?

Cheffrey were you at the coords I gave ya?

Steve, I ran out to the west end of it and trolled back towards the piers. Pretty close to it but not in it.

Heading out at 5AM, hog hunting!!! Look for the report tomorrow.

Quote:

Well after the WW there wasnt anything left in it.
frown.gif

Uh, World War? Wisconsin Wackoffs? Wishful Winking? Windsor dWinking? Oh, I get it — West Winds? grin.gif

World Walleye where FishingRealtor caught a 31 incher, not sure if it was in the same area or not.

it was a blast out there on the ballz draggin this morning. dark purple was hot today for both sticks and spoons, that nice laker actually came on a kevorkian spoon, not a teddy bear, sorry to correct you. tongue.gifgrin.gif

I know where he was shocked.gif, I was there as well laugh.gif. But they did good for big fish we took first day one, and lost big fish day two shocked.gif.

What a great weekend to be on the Big Pond! We ended up catching several walleyes over 20 inches with a 29 and a 31 being the big fish. We thought the 31 incher was a snag, I told my partner to break the line. Good thing he doesn't listen to me!All the eyes came off 2 waypoints the size of my truck. It's hard to believe, in a lake of that size,that walleyes will hang out in such specific locations. I watched the graph all weekend and I can't figure out what was holding those fish. I mean there was no depth difference, no contour change, not much bait on the graph.

Ahh... the walleye puzzle as soon as I think I've got something figured out, I realize I really don't know much at all. What do you guys think? What was holding those fish?

Drew

Cheffrey they were all in the usual walleye magnet for the WW and a long ways away from where we have been.

Ill be out Fri-Mon checking to see if they are still around there.

Fishing realtor that area you guys were fishing has been dead ever since you killed that 31"er. I think the walleye gods are mad at you bro. wink.gif

Just so ya know We did everything possible to keep it alive. In fact if I new it was going to die I would have put it back. Also, they were there on Monday night.

Just giving ya the old poop Drew. Mon was slow for me in that area. Picked up 2 closer to souptown from there.

The bite seems to have moved out deeper now but that can change by the hour as we all know.

I hope to find out tomorrow AM.

As promised!

Hit the water at 6:30am in the Screwball, going out of Cornucopia. Ran quite a ways. Lake Trout were happening and they were redfins. YUM!! We ended up 20 for 28, 18 were lakers and 2 decent browns. Most came off riggers on the bottom at 160 FOW. Had 5 hits on planer lines.

Here is my big one for the day,

IMG_1370.jpg

Brown #1

IMG_1380.jpg

Another nice laker

IMG_1376.jpg

Coming in HOT! IMG_1373.jpg

Purple again was best for us. With a few other random colors thrown in there.