• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Koronis Eyes

I'm going to Koronis this weekend and looking for any up to date reports on walleyes. Do walleyes relate to the weeds on this lake?

If the unwritten rule is to report on the success or lack of, I'll report on how I did early next week. smile.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

You'll find eyes in around the weeds all day and night. You'll also find them in 12-20 fow during the day. Evenings they'll worked themselves right one top of the flats.

Good Luck!

Thanks Borch!!

I think I'm going to try pulling cranks early in the morning. Are there many shiners or tulibee in the lake? I'm trying to figure out what I should start with. Perch / firetiger or panfish colors or do I go with shinier minnow type stick baits.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

It al depends on the day. There is a decent Cisco population in Koronis. I've had good luck with Bluegill, Shiner, the various trout patterns as well as chartuese and firetiger. The fish I've been catching have been packed with 2-3 inch perch.

Good Luck!

Went out Sat. at 5:00 am and fished until about 2:00. All in all a very good day. We strictly fished for walleyes and ended up catching 7 between 11 and 21 inches. (kept the middle 4 for supper) We also landed an 18" smallmouth and a 29 inch northern. I'm guessing we caught probably 40 fish in all. We caught walleyes, northern, smallmouth, largemouth, perch, rock bass and sunfish.

Thanks for the tips.