• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

your most used lure / presentation method

river_runner

What is your most used lure and presentation method you use for walleyes?

For me, it would have to be a a 1/8 oz orange/chart jighead with a yellow or clear chart mister twister and shiner on it. I troll at a moderate speed and jig near the bottom. I got a few secret methods I use when I have a finicky walleye toying with my line, but I don't want to give them all away grin.gif Its pretty basic but the key thing to remember is that the fish just don't care some of the times about the lure, but on how the way you present it to them.

Anyways, I thought I would post this because I havn't seen too many posts in the past with some good information/tips on fishing for walleyes.

Spinner rig trolled just fast enough to spin the blades. It works with minnows, leeches, and worms.

Traditonally I would say a trolling a spinner tipped with minnow, leach, or crawler. But this year I have had better luck with a green 1/8 out jig tipped with the same.

I have a tendency to change things depending on body of water, depth fish are at, water temps, etc.... I love jigging when the water is cooler/cold, switch to spinners & Lindy rigs when it warms up a bit, cranks are always a good option, and back to jigging when the temps start dropping. Of course clear water is different than stained, as color can come into play a lot with water clarity. I know that some of the jigs that work great on Mille Lacs won't do as well on Vermilion, and vice-versa.

Fishing deep is different than running the shallows, one I like to run spinners on a bottom bouncer or troll cranks, the other, well, I'm keeping that one to myself for now... shocked.gif

But there are exceptions to every situation and 'rule', and I'm always willing to try something that may not seem like the 'right' presentation or method if things get a bit tough.

cool.gif