• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

June 9 & 10

Walli1

Well the boat is full of gas, rods have been checked, batteries are good, bait is lively and I'm pumped! cool.gif It's just a matter of hours and I'll be taken the boat off the trailer, can't hardly wait to get back out. Tomorrow morning I'll be taken FWA out, should be fun, looking forward to meeting another onliner and sharing alittle river knowledge with him, won't promise fish but I can promise a peaceful morning and a boat ride! wink.gif

What general areas have you guys been fishin? A buddy and I are headin out tomorrow a.m. from St.Croix Bluffs. I usually fish from the Kinni down to Prescott, but if they have been bitin elsewhere, I'll go to them. I haven't been out on the river since opening weekend, so I feel alittle outta touch. Any current tips would be appriciated. Thanks

Good luck yalls. I will be there Sunday with my tan colored aluminum Starcraft. Say HI when you pass by. I hope I get some walldads this time instead of smallies on very cast. Again god luck yalls.

Good luck to all... I won't be out till Monday afternoon.

I just got back, Thought It was going to be an awesome night as I had 3 walleyes boated in the first 1/2 hour cool.gif. Only one legal but a great start Then nothing the rest of the evening confused.gif. Might have to try some new spots next time. Good luck all of you tomorrow. Save a few for me,

I'm headin out right now. I'll report back how it went.

Thanks again to Walli1 for taking me out. He is definitely a super nice and great person! I learned SO MUCH!!! I'll let him give the report on how we did. wink.gif

Met up with FWA this morning and fishing was slow, caught a few shorts, couple smallies and three keeper for the oil along with one really nice one, check out my model I have holding this 28 1/2" one PICT0077.jpg Yeah, its back in the river waiting to fight another day, had alot of fun and that's the main thing!! Can't wait to hit the river in the morning! cool.gif

Walli, you guys did better then I. I had four smallish eyes 12-14", a smallie, a sheepie, a rock bass, a few sunnies and crappies and one snot rocket that went about 30". I fished up north today but after seeing that last piggie I may have to head south and hit it hard for a bit. Great job guys! I thought of you this a.m. as I was putting in at 4:30!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Looks like it's just a matter of hours before I'll be backing down the boat for another trip on the croix, Looks like the weather will be good, sure hope it's windy in the morning, either way it's just wonderful being out on the croix enjoying Gods great outdoors! 'O' Yeah FWA you just are over dressed, Hope you had fun and learned a few things also, great meeting you! cool.gif

Got back from the river about a hour ago and what a great day, caught a good number of eyes/saugers. Kept 5 nice ones 15 1/4, 16 1/2, 17, 17 1/2, 18" I took a guy out from my church that doesn't get out much but loves to eat fish, so I sent them home with him, most of the fish came out of 12 to 20' lindy riggen with a crawler, 5 foot snell, black hook, Took a picture of a fellow onlines son with a really nice one, check it out!

PICT0080.jpg NICE FISH!! WAY TO GO JAKE!!!!!

Thanks for snapping the Picture for Us Walli-we Love the river and cant wait to get back ASAP! Jake was pretty excited with the 23 incher.CPR'd of course. see you soon

eyesonly -now known as Father of Jake grin.gif

Looks like you guys did pretty good! We had a good day yesterday also. No bigguns like that one in your pic(NICE FISH!!), but we did manage to find 6 walleye and a few saug-dawgs, all between 13-18 inches.Every one of my spots that we tried seemed to be holding atleast a couple fish. I also caught my personal best sheepshead too. This sucker was huge. I had visions of granddaddy walleye in my head as I did battle with it, but in the end it was just a big old, stinky sheephead. We also found a few schools of fatty sunfish. They weren't very long, 8" being the biggest, but a few looked as though they where gonna burst from being so fat. I was gonna keep one to see what they were gorging on, but I thought they might be full of spawn and I didn't want that on my conscience. I fished a spinner rig with a worm and my buddy was getting them on jigs and spinners tipped with a leech. After seeing that big one I think I might head out there tonite. I've analized the backround in you pics and I think we fish the same areas. I know, it's pathetic but it gives me hope.

Walli1, looks like you were in a different boat today.... wink.gif

Speaking of chubby, the petting goats at the MN Zoo were obese beyond reason. They looked like they were carrying watermelons on their sides... shocked.gif

Fishing was good yesterday. My father and I managed 7 between 16 and 19.5 along with a 17" smally and a nice channel. Oh ya, and one sheepy and a rock bass just for a little variety. We had our luck with Lindys and crawlers, 5 foot snell, green hook and bead outproduced the other colors (orange, red, glow, bronze and gold). We were fishing sand in between 28-30 fow. All the fish were caught between 9:30 and 11 am and we finally became sick of being beat up by the waves around 2 pm.

I've fished with that kid blush.gif nice fish Jake!! wink.gifnow enough with the bait fish tell dad it's time for a kitty grin.gif

Thanks Catnip -the Boy has the Knack already doesnt he- we will get out soon for some Cattin -Now my main job is Snack Boy and Net Man according to Jake witch is Fine By me - Hopefully we will get out soon for some Monster Cats. -Thanks again to walli1 one for the Sweet Pic.Gotta love the Croix

You never know what you are going to get on the St. Croix. I was out on the upper river on Friday. When I set the hook after a small little tug on the line, I first thought I was snagged up in the rocks. But then the rocks started to move on me! 15-20 minutes later, I netted a 25 lb flathead. I was fishing crappies with a 1/16th oz jig head and 6lb test. shocked.gif

Walli, you are getting to be a pro at the Croix. Man am I doing something wrong here. I was trolling with crawlers and leeches, but again kept getting smallies. How big of a weight are you guys using? I did get one sauger 19" and a walleye, but using my trusty white mr. twister tail. Great to see everyone is doing good. I will see you guys this Sun or Monday. Good luck yalls

Turk is the pro on the croix, I'm just a person that loves to fish the river! I'm using a 1/2 oz bullet weight on 6lb line on all rods except for my limit creek rod that is set up with 4lb fire line crystal and a 3/8 bullet weight. Looking forward to getting back out on saturday. I won't be fishing the river on sunday because I'm taken my grandson fishing for his first time, plus its fathers day and I need to spend that day with the family! The way this week is looking the fish should be bitting good!

I like a 1/4 ounce slip weight or maybe a 3/8ths in current areas. Go as light as you can in areas with alot of snags though. Speed can be critical too. I try to go real slow and with live bait the fish seem to prefer a downstream presentation. The real key is location though. All the guys that consistantly put fish in the boat know where to find them!