• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I will be coming up this Saturday, June 9th to do some walleye fishing on the Farm, White Iron, and garden lake chain.

I understand the weather seems to be taking a turn towards storms. I'm curious if anyone can tell me what this will do to the eyes? Will they move out deeper and be more finicky? Requiring an even slower presentation with a lighter bite?

Thanks

Jimfish,

This is the first time I've given any advice for walleyes in the Ely area so be careful how much you pay attention to it smirk.gif

I've found lately, don't overthink it. Start out doing what you would normally do, and if that doesn't work just think about what would be the most stable water in the area.

I would suggest starting at about 10-12 and work your way out to maybe 30, but I think thats too deep now. There hasn't been real hot weather yet. Start on a break by where you think they might have spawned and try to follow what might be a migration route to a summer haunt. I try inside turns on cold fronts and points when I think they're hot.

I wouldn't tip toe too much either unless your marking fish and can't get them to bite. Give em the old standbys and if you're getting short bit, then lighten up or slow down.

Hope this wasn't rudimentary info for you. grin.gif