All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. If it's in Oakdale, he's probably refering to Blue Ribbon Bait.
  3. Picked up nice big leeches both of the last two weekends at Lucky Seven in Virginia. Nice rainbow minnows also.
  4. Up here in the Northwest Angle lines are tight and fish are biting! Water temps are warmer in the shallows at 50-52 degrees to upper 40’s in the main lake. Recent weather was not great but the fishing was. Some of the best action has been within a few miles of the lodge. Walleyes have been found anywhere from 3 to 30ft. 22-30ft with a jig and minnow is best during daylight hours. Multiple trophy walleye were caught this week including a couple 28’s and one 31 inch. The bite off of the dock late evening is really heating up and will produce limits. Come up soon to take advantage of great spring fishing! Sunset Lodge
  5. Which bait shop, I’m about to go take my electrical aptitude test in St. Paul at 430 so I could easily drop by oakdale
  6. Today
  7. Not sure how to edit title...but it's at $500 now. Great deal! I'm looking to upgrade, only reason why I'm selling.
  8. Stephen, I would double check that the leeches are decent. The leeches I picked up for opener I would be embarrassed to feed to sunfish 1 at a time. A bait store in Oakdale had very nice leeches last weekend. I highly recommend them. Good luck on Vermilion- we need some warmer temps. Steve
  9. Following. Headed up in the morning to beat the traffic up, however, it looks like it will be raining unfortunately. The girls went out last night to buy new rain gear so we will be ready. Just made a post on the Facebook page fishing Minnesota as to where everyone’s favorite bait shop is. We usually stop by the bait shop in Harris. I called this morning to confirm that they have leeches available.
  10. Headed up tomorrow for the long weekend. People still seeing most walleye action on minnows? We used chubs and rainbows last weekend, didn't seem to be a difference between the two.
  11. Chatter about conditions on rainy has been quiet... Anyone out there been doing any good?
  12. Thanks John! We are coming up in 7 days and hoping for warm. Would love to see more updates as the week progresses. Will post our results
  13. Rick G

Fishing Opener | New Pb!

Nice looking pike you caught, Mitch
  14. Happy to be on Lake Vermilion! EZfishUSA.com gets you fishing next to the guides without the time and cost of searching yourself. As a guide I can only use a fraction of my knowledge on any given day of guiding out on the water. I will be marketing fish catching locations on EZfishUSA.com. Walleye, Musky, Smallies, Largemouth, Crappie, Panfish, Trout in their respective seasons. Lake Vermilion can be intimidating and a hard lake to locate fish on. For a fraction of the cost of hiring me for a long boat ride(which I am Booked daily in the summer for guided fishing trips) you can use your own boat to go out and be on fish. Smaller lakes in the area are also a blast and available on the site. Each guide sets their own prices and the platform is free for them to use. Guides are interviewed before being granted access. I encourage folks with questions to call the customer service line on the site. Happy fishing everyone! JTeeth
  15. Due to persistent flooding and damage from the winter’s hefty snowpack and spring’s heavy rains, Fort Snelling State Park will remain closed to the public through Memorial Day weekend and the month of June. Located at the confluence of the Minnesota and Mississippi rivers near the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport, Fort Snelling State Park is one of Minnesota’s busiest parks and is a popular destination for hikers, bikers, birders and school groups. “We know how eager folks are to get out and enjoy nature now that spring has finally arrived, but making sure the park is safe for staff and park visitors is critical before opening,” said Fort Snelling State Park manager Kelli Bruns. “The park experienced significant damage to its main roads, and water lines, and there are downed trees and trail washouts that need to be repaired. Meanwhile, we hope people will consider visiting one of our other state parks.” The closure could remain in effect until sometime in July, depending on weather conditions and work progress. Department of Natural Resources and park staff want to remind people to refrain from coming into Fort Snelling State Park. “We are asking the public to not enter the park at this time. This is important for their own safety and allows workers a safe place to complete repairs and clean-up. Emergency responders would have difficulty locating people in the closed park if needed,” Bruns said. The DNR is committed to working on opening the park as soon as possible. The DNR encourages people to get out and enjoy Minnesota’s outdoors as the first holiday weekend of the season approaches. Birds are singing their spring songs, and wildflowers are in full bloom across the state. But due to the ongoing wet weather, the DNR would like to remind people to check on current conditions before heading out. For more information, consult www.mndnr.gov/closures. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
  16. Has anyone been out yet this year? I haven't even put the boat in the water yet, I'm hoping to change that this weekend! I don't know if people saw but a boat burnt up on Big Pine this past weekend. They left the access going to their dock and the driver smelt something so stopped shut down the engine and found the fire. Extinguisher was used but didn't put the fire out. Other fisherman came and rescued the driver thankfully. Take away is please check your fire extinguishers and make sure you break in your motors nice and easy in the beginning, you never know where a mouse has left a present for you to find later.
  17. Has anyone been out yet? I haven't even put my boat in the water yet! Dang you work!!!! Hopefully Friday I can get it up and running and Saturday make sure everything works properly because Sunday I might go chase trout if the wind stays calm.
  18. AlwaysFishing23

Fishing Opener | New Pb!

I’ve found that pretty common. Walleyes, smallmouth, largemouth. All fish in vermilion have different color patterns and different markings that other fish in the state don’t have. A truly special body of water indeed.
  19. ozzie

Plastics For Panfish

yeah the 1" are nice also...I just like the 2.5 for the durability (less rebaiting) and the more selective fish it tends to catch (bigger) Glad you got out and found success. The ratso and the shrimpo are also good options to use also as I have had many great days with no bait and one of them on. Another fun option is a plain flu flu no bait. Good Luck!!
  20. I posted about the eventful opener I had on the WFC...drama aside the walleye's were what I expected and caught none and saw nothing caught around the Pine River area (delta and first break area, didn't go up the river) We also tried our summer shoreline and didn't mark anything and only saw 2 smallmouths up shallow in 4' of water. Crappie fishing was ok. We didn't limit and weren't on fire but we had our moments and probably kept 24 over the 3 day weekend. Found them to be shallow along docks one day then they moved to deeper edges after the wind and colder temps. I didn't go last weekend due to the wind and weather. Will be out Saturday and Sunday to give it a whirl and hopefully get into a few fish!
  21. MN BassFisher

Fishing Opener | New Pb!

Thanks man! I was surprised at how dark the fish was. Haven't caught too many Pike out of Vermilion so maybe that's pretty common.
  22. Here's a map off the MN DNR Lakefinder showing the access. South bay of Spirit lake in Aitkin county.
  23. I've had more than 1 email conversation with the biologist who's in charge of the lake we are on. For him it's just 1st name.last [email protected] for his email address. Usually get a pretty quick reply too
  24. Try the Mn DNR Lakefinder any PA's will be marke on the map provided. They have the recent net survey there too so your able to check different fish populations.
  25. FIrst year boat owner here, have had a permanent fish house at the red door for a few years now, finally added a boat. The 4 year old says she would rather catch crappies and sunfish then walleyes, and this time of the year i can't blame her. We are going to try Spirit Lake just north of the red door resort. My question is, is the public access on the south west side or is there another one. Any fishing tips,reports about that lake are of course welcome since it'll be our first time out on it. Thanks in advance
  26. My suggestion is to try and reach out to get a response on a different social media platform. I've had luck getting a response when I contacted the DNR on Twitter.
  27. Yesterday
  1. Load more activity

• Members Online

• srlmn

srlmn 0

'we have more fun' I Share On FishingMN
    • GCLARK

GCLARK 0

• FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank 0