All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. DLD I'll keep rigging as long is I can keep catching good fish but entering into August I'll start to pull leadcore more.
  3. Today
  4. Ace, honest question here with no intent to debate, just learning more about muskies. What surface temps do you consider to be too warm for handling muskies?
  5. What are your guys favorite presentations this time of year? When I come up I've mostly rigged.
  6. Thanks Brian, the ratchet straps worked great.... quick, easy and secured it tight. I bought a bunch of big zip ties that it looks like I'll never use.
  7. CigarGuy, cool pic. Looks like a good time/place for a cigar. lol. As far as securing your dock sections, some folks use bailing wire. That’s what I use. Heading down in a few minutes to secure mine before the next storm takes sections away. Man, the water is high!
  8. kelly-p

Rain

hal.docx
  9. Just got up here. Road construction sucks.....four hour trip took almost 5 hours. Thanks Del, back end of the boat was out of the water last weekend. Do you guys use zip ties to secure the dock boards, big rocks or ?...…any good ideas? This was supposed to have been posted last night. A couple of ratchet straps and I'm golden. Molly the dog is helping me watch my bobber Two eagles and 5 loons, no fish!!
  10. Yesterday
  11. Fished Big Pine Lake today. Original plan was to fish the Kettle River, but the rain took care of that. I had fished big pine from shore, below the dam, years back and done well, but this was the first time I’ve ever taken a boat out there. Nice lake...looked to be about 2 feet high. Didn’t catch anything until about dinner time, when crappies started chasing schools of minnows on the west shoreline. Caught about 50 of them. I just happened to have a small twister tail that was almost an exact replica of the bait they were chasing, and that was the difference maker. My dad caught a decent pike that went after a little crappie he was reeling in. Was disappointed we didn’t find any bass, but I’d come back here again.
  12. Saw one up Norwegian bay tonight with like 10 basketball size rocks. Never had to do anything with my old dock since height was adjustable so got no advice there. Posted 3 pictures to be sure I got the right place. Bits are (nearly) free
  13. Just got up here. Road construction sucks.....four hour trip took almost 5 hours. Thanks Del, back end of the boat was out of the water last weekend. Do you guys use zip ties to secure the dock boards, big rocks or ?...…any good ideas? Just got up here. Road construction sucks.....four hour trip took almost 5 hours. Thanks Del, back end of the boat was out of the water last weekend. Do you guys use zip ties to secure the dock boards, big rocks or ?...…any good ideas?
  14. Ozzie hello. Was up this past week and found fishing slow also. Did get a few eaters trolling cranks on Foly's bar. Fished mid lake bars and never saw anybody getting much. Did do ok one evening on Bass using a buzz bait. Grandson was catching crappies off the dock in 4' of water mid afternoon. A very strange year. When we're out fishing I'm in a 1850 lund Tyee sort of a purple color with a 115 Yamaha . Say hi if you see us. Good luck .
  15. Made a day trip up to Osakis today for a walleye and panfish outing. Got on eyes right away on the deeper humps pulling spinners or cranks on bottom bouncer. Didn't start fishing until after 9:30 this morning and the bite fizzled about 11 am. Went looking for panfish and found mostly smaller gills in the reeds. Finally found some nice gills in the deeper cabbage one of the bars. Water is pretty stained and surface temps were around 80 degrees.
  16. Hi, I’m heading up tomorrow for a Day trip with my 85 yro uncle and I’m hoping to put him on some eyes! Any advice would be much appreciated. I’m not looking for your secret spot...lol. Mostly looking for depth and presentation. Thanks in advance!
  17. Last week
  18. Slobslayer99

Bringing the kids up this weekend

Thanks for the advise I didn’t even think about the streams in the lake very good point about the moving water
  19. Sculpin

Bringing the kids up this weekend

Mille Lacs got 8' of rain Wed. night, there is ALLOT of water running into the lake, allot of debris in the lake, and the water is very dirty, add to that a mayfly hatch last night, the big ones, and it's going to be an interesting weekend.. If there is any breeze, it should move fish right up into the shallow rocks, but the deep water bite should hold up as well. 3 Mile, 4 Mile, July Bar. etc. You may wish to try some areas where the water is running into the lake, the volume coming in is huge. Cedar Creek, Thaines, Father Hennepin etc. There will be lots of water, bugs, minnows, and dirty water, great areas for slip bobbering. Hope you can get the kids on fish !!
  20. I am a firm believer that all fish that are going to be released should be unhooked at the side of the boat and not handled. You might not have a picture but you still have the memory and you know the fish has a much greater chance of surviving. Just my opinion FWIW.
  21. Handling Muskies in warm surface temps like we have now can be very deadly, even if you know what you are doing. Early morning and late evening or fishing at night can lower mortality rates however it is better to just avoid handling them during the warmest time of the summer. "Ace" "It's just fishing man"
  22. I hear ya. I view this as a political issue not a racial issue. I just feel that until all U.S. citizens are treated the same we will not have true equality.
  23. Hey Rayguy how ya been doing the last couple weeks on the chain? Was out trolling over the fourth all around and didn't get anything but snakes personally but buddy in his boat had a couple over the deep waters and then a few bonus smallies over the week. Also one of the morning regulars out on Rutgers said the fish are on fire out there and the other day he had caught 11!! I am not sure where he got them but my guess is the local fishing holes the morning regulars work out there. I will be up this weekend to try a little eye fishing and then get the kids out and panfish and maybe a little bassing. Good Luck and enjoy the sites of the great Whitefish Chain!!
  24. Sorry Pro-v, did not try to insinuate that you did. Just felt like the thread could go the wrong way.
  1. Load more activity

• Members Online

• VermilionGold

VermilionGold 65

'we have more fun' I Share On FishingMN
    • cabocaster

cabocaster 0

• fins_n'_feathers

fins_n'_feathers 15

• Charlie Springer