All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Hi folks... I wanna specifically address fishermen and women, boaters, outdoorsmen and women, and their spouses and significant others. Also, anyone who believes that our right to access public waterways supported by our tax dollars, and managed for our benefit by the DNR, should not be infringed upon by special interests... listen up... You may or may not know about a new program in Wright County to limit access to three lakes in the Annandale area where wealthy lake-home associations have coerced the County Board into implementing a pre-launch "AIS Inspection Station" in the city of Annandale. Anyone wishing to launch a watercraft on Lakes Sylvia, Pleasant, and John, must first travel to the city of Annandale (miles away from any boat landing), go through an inspection process, and be given permission to launch their boat in the form of a zip-tie on the trailer. There are MANY problems with this inspection regime. One problem is its hours of operation. It is open from sunup to sundown. This means that if you wish to go fishing in the evening, or at night, or early in the morning, you must first travel to Annandale THE DAY BEFORE you wish to access the lake, and get your zip-tie. Needless to say, this will undoubtedly prove to be a big enough burden on boaters and anglers that many will simply choose to go elsewhere, which, we contend, is the unstated goal of the Lake Associations who have funded this effort to lobby the County Board. They want non-residents off "their" lake. Another problem is the fact that these lakes are already unfortunately infested with AIS, which means inspecting boats on the way IN to the lake makes no logical sense. Only inspecting boats in their way OUT of an infested lake will have any chance of slowing or halting the spread of AIS. Another problem is that local businesses in Annandale, Southhaven, and to a lesser extent Clearwater and Maple Lake, will be adversely affected by the reduction in commerce that WILL occur as people from outside these fine communities decide to take their watercraft elsewhere. Another problem is the scope of this program, and the stated goals of those who are promoting it. They have said point-blank that they hope to have every county in MN look to Wright County as an example of what can be pushed through, as Lake Associations state-wide are organizing their resources and their political clout in an effort to see similar County ordinances implemented throughout Minnesota. This could, in the future, lead to a scenario where every boater who does not own lake property will first be required to travel to a central County Inspection Station in whatever county they wish to launch their boat, before they will be given permission to launch at a lake that may be many miles away from the station. We believe this is an infringement on the rights of Minnesota boaters and sportsmen to freely and responsibly access our public waterways. Even the DNR is skeptical of this program, but since it is a county matter, they are accepting it for now. Sorry for the lengthy statement. Now I'd like to ask you to take action. We have organized a social media page, over 600-strong now.... Our goal is to gather as many concerned people as we can in this group - and then appeal to the Chambers of Commerce in these fine cities, to organize themselves and appeal to the County Board for a reversal of this misguided policy, on the grounds that it will harm them economically as people take their dollars elsewhere to avoid the infringement of the inspection regime. If you haven't already, and you are concerned about liberty to access public waterways without undue burdens placed upon your access, would you consider lending your voice to ours, and joining our group? Thank you! Join Us!
  3. Actually, merc has Verado and "four strokes" . I have seen a fair number of mercs on west end but very few verado which have a distinct silhouette.
  4. Not as easy to find bullheads in the chain as it was in the 80s-90s.... but you will still get a few here and there. The cats took care of most of the bullies over the yrsπŸ˜‰
  5. All sizes. no bullheads in the chain.
  6. Yesterday
  7. Thanks guys for the info. I think we will head out tomorrow and give it a shot. Will report what we find, thanks again!
  8. monstermoose78

Spring Turkey

The Tom turkeys are not playing well the hens are around and have come into the decoys. No Toms to be seen or heard. Lots of ticks today.
  9. My wife, son and I we're on Crystal Lake in Burnsville several years ago. My son was 14-1/2 yrs. old at the time, I use to let him drive the gravel roads up at deer camp all the time and let him back the trailer into the spot, he got pretty good at it. Anyway, back to the boat ramp at Crystal Lake. I dropped the wife and son off on the dock and waited my turn to load up...a local cop was at the ramp and my wife asked if it was ok if he backed in, he didn't mind.. vehicles were waiting and my son drops it in on the first try! Proud dad moment πŸ‘πŸ‘
  10. The bog appears to be winning this little tug of war πŸ˜„
  11. That's how my dad taught me Tom! Got practice almost every night with the atv trailer when I turned 16 and could ice fish by myself. Once the summer rolled around a boat was a piece of cake!
  12. Minnow friend guy after setting me up bucket full: $15 please Tommy boy...that will keep ya happy awhile. T : Here ya go my friend. Handing up some fancy coins. Sir Minnow : Hey T. What the $&@? are these? T: That’s the same question I asked the dude give um to me... Well me boy those R Mexican $2.5 buck coins, real pretty ain’t they? Sir minnow : What heck I am I gonna do wit em? T: Well...take some time off n Go to MEXICO!!! Thanks for the minnows β€” have fun... πŸ˜ƒ β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€” lean to steer using lower portion of wheel in yer lap an trailer with follow path of direction your hand travels. Most times simple is best an us simple people rule the world! Dont be that guy at ramp. Unless yer handing out free cokes n ribs Remember Big Smiles n keep on rocken! T
  13. We had a rather slow week picking off fish here and there. Early in the week went out to 32' and picked up some sauger and a couple walleye. Thursday morning the bite was hot on Pine. We caught 41 and our buddies got 21 in less than 4 hours. Caught several fish from 25" to 29.75" through the week and lost a huge northern right at the boat. Pine was slow yesterday and got our fish by the gap. Had to come home yesterday afternoon. My friend called and said they can't even get on the lake right now.
  14. JBMasterAngler

St. Croix River Fishing Reports

Fished out of William O’Brien on Friday. Water was only slightly high, but the wind was miserable. Spent most of the time drifting upstream. Caught 7 white bass and 1 northern. All the bass were males, so things might really start to pick up in the next couple days when the females show up.
  15. what cat are you getting? I was thinking could be fun to find some eater size. 14-18 inch is what i thinking of as eater cats. or 10 to 14 inch bullheads.
  16. News today reported a lot of fish house breakins on Sauk and in and around the Long Praire area. sounded like some valuable items taken, augers, cameras etc. I would strongly suggest taking those items when you leave, a door latch can be replaced a lot cheaper then an auger....Hope they catch the pe cker heads.....
  17. Unfortunately I don't have any good pics.
  18. fishingstar

Rice or koronis

I spent the opening weekend on rice. My boat did OK on Saturday but with no wind and blue bird skies on sunday nobody got anything after 8 am
  19. Stuck out tonight on the west end, was finally able to get the boat in the water and all fired up. I am kicking myself for forgetting my fish finder at home so I’m flying blind. Stuck out tonight jogging for walleyes in Niles and the mouth of wakemup narrows. Got it off the lake a little bit ago before some of the rain and wind came. Will give it a shot again tomorrow. Had anyone been fishing smallies or have any reports there?
  20. they are biting in horseshoe in 5-to 12 feet of water. Just use a bobber and any bait. Set the bobber at 3 to 5 feet. Use a bobber that tips and wait for the bobber to completely tip and then set the hook. That simple. They are everywhere and at sun down they are on the surface and i see hundreds off my dock. Don
  21. Last week
  22. I wouldn't worry about it I guess. Most folks that I know that take pics are quick about it and the fish swim away healthy. Even if the fish is out of season. It's hard to not take a pic of a nice bass, eye or whatever if that particular season isn't open. Color me guilty. I don't think a CO would get excited about it either.
  23. For the record, I enjoy seeing all the pics of the fish caught and urge you all to keep posting. I wondered about photographing fish caught out of season (i.e. an incidental bass caught while clearly targeting panfish between feb 24 and May 12) or in catch-and-release (i.e. bass now). I want to respect the fishing laws, so I inquired and received the following replies from the DNR: 1.) If you accidentally catch a fish that is out of season (ex: walleye before May 13th), you would be required to immediately release that fish and it would be illegal to take a photo or measure it. 2.) Since bass season is open for catch and release, it is legal to take a photo or measure the fish. You will be following the law if you only keep the fish out of the water for a short period of time. If you were to have the bass out of water for an extended amount of time, it would be up to the CO’s discretion if you are breaking the law or not. I imagine there are many honorable anglers who pride themselves on following the laws that have unknowingly violated #1... While I believe vast majority of CO's are not interested in ticketing anglers for "grey" offenses, it is conceivable (given the "discretion") that measuring/photographing a nice bass this weekend could lead to a citation for #2...
  24. I think their going have to get a few Army corp of engineer tug boats out there to pull that thing out. 😳 Or wait until Memorial weekend when enough drunks and their Master Craft wake board boats show up! πŸ˜†
  25. crankbait cowboy

2018 ice out

thanks for the satellite link hoey, enjoyed watching the lake progress, and hoping to be on er soon
  26. agreed, always enjoy the vids from ncor and curt. haven't got a weekend plan yet, but hoping west side sunday
  1. Load more activity

• Members Online

• moderation

moderation 1

'we have more fun' I Share On FishingMN
    • CigarGuy

CigarGuy 60

• Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg 0

• Walleye Guy