• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun

• Wishin4Walleyes
      Tried fish lake today for 1st time since week of xmas. Marked lots of crappies suspended at 12' over 23' all afternoon and they were tight lipped. Had same thing happen over xmas. Over xmas tho they turned on at dusk and were active for a couple hrs. This time at dusk they disappeared. Has the bite shifted till well after dark?
    • Grayson Everett
      Does anyone has tips or tricks on how to remove this special hooks for catfish? I'm having such a hard time removing these particular hooks.
    • The Chemist
      After getting skunked last night, changed to a different gps location tonight. Found a sharp drop and the cats didnt disappoint. I was out for about 5hrs and the vex was still showing fish. 
    • Rivergroup
      With Tom's post in mind, it looks like he's living the life... except for the heart problems!  I'm one of those out-of-towners that comes to LV once or twice a year.  My dad brought be to stay on Ludlow's as a kid.  We fished for whatever we could catch, which wasn't much at the time, out of a rowboat.  He's been gone awhile now, but I have never forgotten how beautiful the lake is.     Fast forward, a group of guys and I started coming to LV once a year in the fall, about 2009 or 2010.  We had a blast and made it a yearly thing.  My best friend that helped me plan the trip, is gone now too.  We took 2 years off and restarted about 5 years ago.  It is one of the highlights of my year.  We've moved our trip to June and have an absolute blast when we're there.  Plus, I've brought the family a few times and my daughter and I spent some time there last October catching crappies.  Times I will alway cherish.   Part of the group trip is just taking in the scenery and being away.  We live on the Mississippi in bluff country and it's awesome, but it's always good to be on LV.  We catch enough fish to make us happy, but it's more about being away with good friends and getting away from the day to day.  We all work in either healthcare or law enforcement and it's huge for us to make an escape from the insanity, especially during the pandemic.   I would like nothing more than to move to LV and stay.  However, my wife has a chronic, limiting illness and has to be near a particular specialty of healthcare which is not exactly close.  While visiting LV, we've been treated very well, but also poorly at times in certain areas.  I do understand that "tourists" can be demanding and rude and generally, a pain.  We go out of our way to not be that way when we're there.  We feel fortunate to have the means and ability to make the trek and enjoy the lake.   I realize that none of you guys probably care about all this, but just wanted to put it out there.  We love the place and we love fishing LV, whether we catch walleyes or not, whether it's windy, rainy, snowy, whatever, we're happy to make the trip.     My best to all and to a better year this year! 
    • smurfy
      i'm thinking lazy boy recliner!!!!!!!!!!😄🤪
    • Kettle
      I feel with papadarv's insight anything could be fabricated 
    • leech~~
      papadarv what do we need here? 😄  
    • Duffman
      The chair was part of the structural integrity, all one unit put together.    
    • leech~~
      Can't he just get a new folding camping chair to put in it?  How hard would that be?  The little holes are nothing to throw a patch on.  Dang the icedog is in Marion, IA. I'll take it and see if I can fix it up, if he can't use it! 👍
    • Duffman
      Sorry to get your hopes up icedog, especially because I was just gonna give it to ya for free, but it is kaput. Just a couple minor mice holes, and it looked pretty good overall, took a pic pointing out the holes......and then I sat in it and moved around a bit. All of the plastic pressure point/parts attached to the chair pretty much disintegrated to the touch. Time and plastic......not a good mixture. I doubt you will find one that is still holding up. But thanks for helping me declutter the shed.      
  • Newest Response to Topics You Started - Share & Have Fun

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.