• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wave Wacker Results

walleyedan

Its one thing to be disappointed with the decision.

The exact right decision was made and anybody who doesn't understand the safety issues involved is well clueless to say the least... smirk.gif

I agree with the decision to call it and I also agree with the point above,at the very least it should have been postponed or rescheduled.

Safety-YES

Was it fair-NO

I disagree with the decision. We know it was not a liability issue because everyone has to sigh a waiver. What It smells like to me is the "powers to be" felt they had to do what THEY thought was right for ME because I need to be saved from myself. kind of the like the democrates of this fine state. There is always some place to fish on this lake (maybe not the flats or the deep gravel) but someplace. And isn't that what tourament fishing is all about, adjusting to the conditions, using your knowledge and skill to do the best with what you are given. I just get so tired of people thinking they know what is best for everyone else.

I totally agree with the decision made. The National Weather Service was calling for 30 to 40 MPH winds with gusts to 60 MPH out of the SW. If this became reality it would have been a nightmare trying to get boats in and out of a single entrance to Fishermen’s Wharf. The waves could have easily reached 5 to 6 feet at the entrance. The National Weather Service is to blame for the cancellation. After the tornado in Rogers, MN last year I believe you will see a lot more forecasts with overblown predictions!