Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geeksquad21

Nightban

13 posts in this topic

Going up this weekend to get my after 10pm fishing going takin girlfriend. Wonder if the flats are too risky or stay close to shore. She wants to catch a hog.

Last Tuesday we fished a mile or two out over rocks in 22' of water. We caught numerous 'eyes between 8:00 and 9:30 in the evening including a 28" a 27" and several 26." You don't need to go out that far to find big fish. smile.gif

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the night ban doesn't come off until Monday the 11th at 12:01 a.m.

It is actually, Tuesday the 12th, 12:01 am.

So does the night ban really extend til 6AM??? I can't fish sunrise?? Is this enforced?

Snowman is correct, the night ban is off on Monday June 11th at 12:01 a.m. and yes the night ban is enforced.

I can't fish sunrise??

That's correct! You'll have to sleep in grin.gif

Night closure: No one may fish for any species or possess fishing gear on the lake from 10 p.m. through 6 a.m. starting at 10 p.m. May 14 and ending at 12:01 a.m. June 11.

This means you can start fishing Monday morning June 11th, at 12:01AM

Hey, Geeksquad may have had another type of "fishing" he was referring to and he did clearly state his girlfriend was going to be on board. He likely isn't planning on having fishing gear on board. blush.gifwink.gif

You have a point, he did mention she wanted to "catch a hog" grin.gif

That's another funny part of the regs...

You have to come in by 10pm Sunday night to get off the lake, and then wait 2 hours to go back out and night fish again after midnight. I suppose they have to make it a black and white line in the regs, but just thought that was a little funny as we will be staying up there during this time frame and probably fishing.... cool.gif

I thought sat was the 11th, that stinks instead of a hog for the girlfriend shell have to setlle for a little sizzler.Good Luck this weekend to all.