Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyedan

Walleyedan's Guide Report

3 posts in this topic

Good evening,

Today was a rough bugger. I was over on Mille Lacs. We did not hammer them, but did catch some nice fish. We had 3 that were so close to the 20 mark that we had to send them back, can't believe how borderline they were, not about ready to even chance that idea. We also had some big mommas that went back as well. Too rough to run to the way out stuff. But let me tell you the Wave Wacker boats were taking a serious pounding. We had a group of 9 guides out on Gull yesterday and we all had successful trips, the fish were biting quite well on a number of areas. Lindy Rigs and spot tail shiners were the answer. The biggest fish were 18 inches, but the action was pretty much non-stop. One of our guides boated a 27 incher on Gull the other day and we also had a 36 in pike yesterday, both were caught on spot tail shiners in 14-19 feet. The bass are going pretty strong right now too. Water temp is probably falling with this weather, but it was about 67 last night. Mille Lacs was 63.7 today when I looked.

Have a nice weekend,

Walleyedan

Thanks for the report Dan.

We are planning on having a little outing tomorrow night with a few guys on Gull, but if the weather cooperates we might get to settle for martinis in the Hot Tub with the Chicas.

Come on Rain!

wink.gif

Crumpler,

Either way you win, those are good choices. Maybe if you move to the lake someday you can watch your lighted bobbers from your tub.

Have a good day,

Dan