Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

Tadpoletodd

Where's a good place to buy leeches by the pound around the DL area???

Dahitman44

I know that the bait store -- D and H Bait I think -- on Highway 10 on the south side of the road between Glyndon and Dilworth may be worth the drive.They have great bait and decent prices.

That is where I go.

Hitman

BigWadeS

I am going to be in the area this weekend, what are prices for a pound of leeches? Just trying to figure out if I shoudl buy there or bring them with.

Tadpoletodd

Unfortunately I don't make to Moorhead much and am looking for something more local to DL. I had a guy I've went to for many years by Lake Eunice that did it on the side and sold out of a little shack in his backyard - he gave it up though. frown.gif I would've paid double to keep him doing it. I'm not too fussy about $$$ - just looking for bulk quantities a little closer to home.

Code-Man

John at Quality Bait and Tackle in DL on Washington will sell them to ya...Call his phone and he'll give ya a quote before hand. Good guy. Will also sell minnows by 5 gallon bucket

deacon

Hard to find anyone that will sell by the pound any longer. lb prices in FF range from $16 to $20, if you can find someone that traps and sells. This year I trapped my own, cost me $2 for a lb of chicken liver and in two nights with four traps I had over 2 lbs, sweet!

Tadpoletodd

You just pop holes in a coffee can and fill it w/ smelly stuff right? Will any pond do the trick? I imagine some are better than others. I have a 5-acre pond that borders my property. I'll start there.

Sometimes it takes someone else to turn the light bulb on. Thanks! wink.gif

deacon

Catch leeches.

Find a pond without fish. Dark bottom surround by cattails works best.

Typical handy man leech trap is as follows:

One empty coffee can with top. Punch holes with 7d nail. Tie rope onto can, I use about 20ft of rope. I use rope so I can do right from shore with knee boots Place about 1/4 lb of chicken liver in can. Best to set out in the evening and check trap at first light.

It is simply amazing how easy it is. I actually use a piece of tin about 2ft square folded as a W pinched tight at the top of the W with the liver place at the bottom of the W groves and cloths pins at the top to hold the W shut.

Do not place traps all in the same area as you may find out one area of the pond has a lot more leeches then another.

Jim Uran

Just make sure to set them late and check them early, if you wait to late your bait will go bad in this warm water and the leeches will swin out of the trap before you get there. I know places around where I live where I can buy a pound of Jumbo Leeches for $10 - $14. I've got a lot of friends that trap leeches for a living in the spring and summer. I went with one last week and we got 45 pounds of medium leeches. It's kind of fun, HA HA

slabslayer28

it is worth it to trap your own leeches you can make good money i know a guy who makes about 7,000$ a week trapping leeches the only problem when trapping your own is finding someone to by all of them

WalleyeGod

Deacon, what size are the leeches that you catch? Any extras as I would take some off your hands if so.

WG

deacon

WG, try Torgerson on HWY 1 just N of FF. All I have left at this time are medium and only keep a pound or two on hand. Would be glad to help next year. Or if you want I can borrow my traps and show you the way.

Leeches will be spawning during the next couple of weeks and then they die so trapping shuts down.