Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Greg Hyovalti

Boat Condition

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone now anyplace in Duluth or on the way up to Grand Marais that might be able to do a Statment of condtion on a 24 foot Slickcraft on Friday? I need to get this done so I can insure the boat. Thanks for your help

Greg

I would get in touch with the knife river marina. They will send you in the right direction.

My insurence company just came over and looked at the boat and took pics. Can you bring the boat to them or send them pics with seriel #'s etc?

I am going to try just sending the pics with all the info. Hopefully that will work. They quoted me a premium of 462.00 from what I told them which seems very high for a boat of this age. She tried to convince me that a boat this age was hard to find parts to. If it were a car I could see. But since it has an alpha 1 and a merc 302 I am having a hard time with it. Not like you can replace a corner panel or anything if you put a hole in the fiberglass you just repair it and I/O parts are not that hard to find

What type of statement and from whom?

I'm guessing a statement from a boat surveyor which seems odd.

I do this every once in awhile. I am in Cloquet. I can fax and email all info for you too. I have a bodyshop and am associated with a marine repair center.

The statement State Farm wanted me to get was called a "Statement of Condition” pretty generic if you ask me. Basic questions like how is the engine compartment and gas compartment vented, describe the condition of the fuel lines and electrical line and so on. I called progressive this morning and got a little better coverage then State Farm was offering for $200 less and I don’t have to do this silly statement of condition thing.

Thanks for the help.

ins. on a boat should go by the value of the boat and the hp......the length come into play but the other 2 have bigger effects on the ins premium......