Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FISHON71

Anyone out on Andrew?

6 posts in this topic

Just curious how fishing has been on Andrew lately. Going to a cabin there in a couple weeks. I'm not to familar with the lake and would appreciate any information.

Thanks.

Fishing was great, but it is slowing down a bit.Walleyes are still biting but they are out in 18-22 fow. Leeches were starting to be the bait of choice over minnows. North end and West side were where we were getting most of our fish. Crappies and Sunnies are starting to pick up again if nothing else. Good luck and let us know how yu did.

There not all out deeper yet. I got some the other day in about 5-6 fow in the evening.

Were you still rigging them, or trolling shad raps? Were they still the nice eating sized fish? The last time i was out there fishing that shallow all I got were a couple of Dog fish, and some hammer handles. That was in the morning though.

I got 5 in about an hour and a half. So not extremely fast action but decent none the less. Kept two a 17" and 18", threw a 21" back and caught two others around 14". Actually i was fishing for bass at first and then stumbled on a walleye and decided to try for them. I was casting raps up into the emerging pencil reeds and the walleyes were sitting right in them. Actually, earlier in the year, i did fairly well throwing a weedless jig with a zoom fluke on it up into the reeds for some nice eyes. I'll let you in on another little secret about that lake. I am a bass fisherman and i catch a lot of nice walleyes during mid to late summer in 6 fow or less on that lake. There are a couple key spots where they have tended to congregate in the past, but i'll just have to wait and see how this year pans out.

Thanks KT for the info, i have done the same thing later in the year for eyes, just not this early. It's a good tip to know if things are slow otherwise.