Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rapala101

lindy rigs

8 posts in this topic

ive been using lindys quit abit and i was woundering if it really matters on how long to have it and what size weight to use on it.....and maybe what color blade to use...and thanks for the help and good luck fishing...

I assume you are fishing walleyes if you are using lindys. I like a four foot snell, a half ounce sinker and in southern Minnesota lakes in water ten feet deep or more I fish almost straight down most of the time, keeping the weight about a foot off the bottom and dropping it slowly to the bottom every 30 seconds or so and lifting it back up so the bait stays about 6 inches off the bottom and has an erratic motion. The half ounce allows you to easily tell where the bait is is; it's harder with less weight. Most of the time with lindys you do not want a spinner because the speed it takes to work a spinner is too fast for fishing a lindy, especially with a leech. I never use spinners with lindys unless I am fishing a river or stained water, then I might.) Keep in mind that it is easy to fish a lindy too fast, it is almost impossible to fish one too slow.

smirk.gif

Norselander put you right on the target. The only thing I would add that as you become more experienced with this style of set-up, the lighter the weight you'll want to use. The least amount of weight correlates into the least amount of resistance. Couple that with a good rod and those 'eyes don't stand a chance. smirk.gif

now with that setup what type of hook would u use???? i floater or ????? thanks for all the help im just really getting serious about walleye fishing...

Plain hook or floater are both applicable. It really depends how far you want your presentation off the bottom.

how deep out water????????? and what time of the day would u use this setup???? and no blade on lindy...thanks for the help

Depth of water can vary but typically this is a presentation designed for 10+' of water. Time of day can be any time.

thanks for the help...