Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MBurke

Bike Rack

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm in the market for a hitch mounted bike rack to haul our four bikes to the trails.I have looked around a little, just wondered if any or you fellas haul your bikes on a hitch mounted rack. Looks like to me the platform ones are the way to go, but are a little pricey.

Any suggestions ??

Thanks

Mike smile.gif

I got one at Fleet that fits into the receiver and has an extended shank so you can hook up a trailer.

Keep your eyes peeled on some of the "Sales" sites...(craigslist, the large "auction" site) A couple years back, I picked up an almost new rack (used once) that holds 5 bikes (I believe it was a "Swagman XP5" brand)on the big auction site. The individual had shipping set at $150 flat rate......and it just so happened that my mother in law lived in the same town. I believe I won the auction for something like $21.63. I had my mother-in-law quickly get over there to hand him a check and pick it up before the dust settled. grin.gif I believe his reaction on his face when she picked it up wasn't the nicest mad.gif....but I was able to make it work in my favor! wink.gif

(I sure hope the individual isn't a member of this site!) shocked.gif