• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing Report - 6/4 - 6/5

Fished Winnie all day both days.

Water temp: 62-63 Degrees

Marked quite a few on the "big bar line" both days...

On 6/4, went to a lot of places on bars and did well - a catch and release day...

On 6/5, got creative in an area on the West side and it was "like taking candy from a baby..." Nailed them. Limited out in short order - all 15 to 15.5 inch Walleyes.

The Shiner fishermen were pulling up just small Perch.

The Launch came through where I was and they caught nothing but Perch, lucky it was a short period of time I did not catch one when the Launch was passing through or they would have been all over me. I hooked one shortly after he trolled by, so I turned my boat away from them and scooped it up without him seeing it.

Kept catching Walleyes on Leeches only.

Even though I am back here in Iowa and just have to read how you all are doing on Winnie, the memories are still fresh and its like being there!!! lol

Nice job of concealing yourself from the launch FFL. I know that feeling of being the first to start the action going and then everyone joins in. Most of the time its not bad and everyone can get their share, but there is always one or two that spoil the party!!!

forgot to ask FFL... where bouts on the west side did you get creative??

Welllll... I better not say. It's kinda of a small area and Walleyes congregate there. It can be a feast...

Us old timers (yikes!) (I've fished Winnie A LOT since 1965...) know about it. Sorry, nice try though... wink.gif

just got back tonite , was on the lake all day Monday and the mornings Tues , Wed , & Thurs ....... only hit the bars a little bit on 2 days , my convidence level isnt very good out there yet , so went back in shallow 1st & last day on the west side 7 1/2 fow, middle 2 days on the south side 9 1/2 fow , jig & a minnow Monday ( 50+ )& Wed absoutely killed em , Tues & Thurs was slower but still released a couple limits each day ..... never tried a leach in shallow , shiners were workin awesome so I didnt switch ...... did seem like depth was critcal all 4 days , a foot either way sure did slow things down till ya got back to the right depth ....... sure did have fun smile.gif

I looked for your boat, but didn't see a red pro-v.

That's great! Sometimes they bite one one bait in an area and another bait a ways away.

The Shiner run has about started, so the Walleyes came in for them.

How 'bout the Fish Fly Hatch on Wednesday morning....

I wanted to go over to the east side , just never made it , I was fishing with a buddy Monday in his boat , and out of my boat the rest of the time , when I was on the bars , there werent any other boats out there , yep , know what ya mean on the fly hatch ...... I really did want to try that east side , wanted to try some things in shallow water over there where I have had success in the past , dang it , now I am gonna have to come back up shocked.gif