Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim Uran

Smallies????

14 posts in this topic

Are there any lakes around you fellas know about that have a decent smallmouth population? I know there are a couple lakes up my way that have a few, well Big Bass, that has a few and I know Juggler lake has some but not sure on the population. Thanks for the info.

Hiya -

Lida, Cormorant, Lizze has some (though not as many as it ought to for some reason...), Island by Park Rapids are a few that come to mind. Other lakes have some big ones, but low numbers. Some other sleepers out there as well, but if I said them out loud, I'd end up buried in a Cedar swamp smile.gif Best thing to do is go to the recreation compass on the MN DNR website, and just start checking lake survey reports. Takes some effort but often worth it. Stumbled across a couple gems doing that, and it's kind of fun...

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

Cool, I will do that, thanks alot for responding I love that recreational compass.

Try Big Toad. You can usually count on catching a boat load of them while you are trolling for walleyes.

go over to bad medicine. some clowns illegally stocked smallies in there a few years back mad.gif. that lake is filthy with them now...

Quote:

Some other sleepers out there as well, but if I said them out loud, I'd end up buried in a Cedar swamp
smile.gif

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

Yep!!! Definitely one bit of into that people keep tight lipped about... and for good reason.

BAD MEDICINE!!!!!!! That was dumb... But hey I'll give it a shot. I don't live to far away from there. Has or will that effect the trout population??? I know a lake back on the height of the land trail, probably no secret, that is a stocked trout lake and some meatheads infested it with them Green Sunfish. OHhhhhhh what a pain in the rear end. That lake really doesn't kick them out like it used to now. But thanks for the tips fella's

Leechbait, email me. I may have some info for you. huntnfishmn at yahoo.

fished toad for 20 years havent caught a smallie yet...there isnt any in there....

Quote:

fished toad for 20 years havent caught a smallie yet...there isnt any in there....

Yah,that was news to me too!

Quote:

Leechbait, email me. I may have some info for you. huntnfishmn at yahoo.

huntnfish, you be quiet! I have a sneaky suspiscion about what you're going to say... wink.gif

I got a 19 1/2 4.2 lber off of Ottertail

Strawberry has them as well.

Don't worry Scoot. I'm pretty sure we're thinking of different lakes.