Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
swanco

ML slot

9 posts in this topic

I have hear conflicting stories, and want clarification. Some guy told me you can keep under 20" walleyes, and only one over 20" per person in the boat. I thought it was only 1 over 28"? Who is right?

You are right and your daily limit is 4 total.

Correct. You can keep four fish under 20", OR 3 fish under 20" with an additional 1 fish over 28", per angler. All walleyes between 20" and 28" are protected. That 20" lower limit size expands to 22" later this summer.

Just remember the state slot of 1 over 20". When Mille Lacs

changes in July to protect 22" to 28", you can still only

have 1 fish over the 20" in mark. Whether it is a fish between 20-22, or over 28", only 1.

Lake rules prevail over state rules. If there is a mandated slot on an individual body of water, those rules prevail. You can keep 4 fish up to 22" or 3 fish up to 22" and one over 28".

CEDES is correct with the state laws being superceded by lakes with special regs.

Currently 20" and under are allowed but beginning July 15th you can keep four 22" walleyes (or 3 with one over 28")

True story, you can keep 4 that are over 20' and under 22' if you want. i have been checked with more than 1 20' before.

Quote:

True story, you can keep 4 that are over 20' and under 22' if you want. i have been checked with more than 1 20' before.

ONLY after July 15th.....

AND only on lakes that allow that like mille lacs.