• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Old Fishing Reports!

Last trip! A bit more quiet than the last trip (although listening to the football game was more fun). I could get any action on artificials and had to stay ouy of the wind. Had a few bites on fatheads culminating with a 29-30 inch northern. Beautiful day, I guess if the vikes win the fishing stinks crazy.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• Kyle Sandberg

• walleyeking19

• jigginjim

went out today to little pulaski. didn't catch anything but the guy next to me said he caught a little walleye but there were a few beers outside his shack. I was only out there for a few hours becuase the guy i was with got cold and i was his ride home so i had to leave. frown.gif

Was out on Buffalo from 6am to 5pm..slow bit in the morning but at 3 o'clock the dinner bell sounded and by five we had our two limits of nice crappies.

you spent some time on the hard water today. I wish it was the same for me. Ill hit it on Sunday.

I made it out tonight on Buffalo for three hours. Man, I made a stupid mistakes. First, my propand tank doens't have in propane in it. tongue.gif I luckily had a spare one pounder and put that on. Then I realized I had forgotten my lighter. Run over, borow a lighter and get the darn thing lite.

Once I finnaly got around to fishing it turned out ok. Fished in 22 fow and managed 7 crappies 9-10". There seems to be a good population of them out there. No walleyes but I'll keep trying.

The ice I measured was 8" with an 1" of frozen slush on top.

K Dawg,

Sounds like my luck.

Did you get out toward the 30 foot hole at all. I am curious if the ice is 8" out there as well.

Jim

No, I was fishing in front of the courthouse. There was a lot of wheeler and snowmobile tracks all over the place. I'll be out there tomorow morning and then Pulaski in the aft. Report coming.

Fished an area lake yesterday from 10AM - 2PM and caught 25 crappies, a handful of small gills and a few perch. Crappies were between 8" - 11" and most were released.

Hit a larger lake in the evening for walleyes and had a hammer handle before dark and one 16" walleye after the lights went out. Got them both on small shiners and tip-ups fishing a steep break. Pretty slow evening, but it was still good to get out.

Ice conditions on both lakes were outstanding. Smaller lake had close to a foot in some areas. Bigger lake was at about 7-8".

Stay safe.

was out on buffalo with a friend and we ended up keeping 7 crappies and 2 18in walleyes.

Tonight was my second time fishing thie year. I went out to an area lake and fished from 2-8:30. I didn't catch anything during the day but once the sun started stetting the walters came rolling in. I got the night kicked off with a double. I had a fourteen inch wally hit a sweedish pimple and a 18"er on my bobber set up. Well, some may call it a triple, but once I got my bobber rebaited, I put it down and before I could rebait my other rod another walleye on the line. This one was also 18". Then there was a lull for about an hour. Around 6:15 I picked up two more fish almost back to back. These two were a 20"er and another 18". I was having so much fun. Then things got really slow. I was still seeing fish down there but they wouldn't bite. At 6:45, 7:15, and around 8 I missed my chance to fill out my limit. :-( By this time the propabe in my tank had run out and I was starting to get cold when the screen lit up and BAM!!! fish on. She took awhile to get er in but once I did, and to my delight, it was a huge 24"er. She weighed out just under 5 pounds. :-) She went back in the lake. I then finished off the night with another 15"er.

[image]PC150081.jpg[/image]

Here is the 20"er

[image]PC150071.jpg[/image]

And a little something to finish it off...

Please don't bash me because I kept my limit or my fish was too big. I was legal and I understand the ethics involved.

nice fish there k-dawg. I think I know the lake you were on, and I heard they are biting good.

why would anyone bash you for keeping that fish, I would have kept it. anytime you can get a limit of waldogs, you did very good.

Quote:

nice fish there k-dawg. I think I know the lake you were on, and I heard they are biting good.

You can tell that just by looking at the ice. Man, you must be good. grin.gif

Jim, I run a one man Fish Trap Pro.

Hey guys just have a few questions. I am new to the Buffalo area and am looking to fish some Buffalo lakes next week. Any suggestions? I am not familiar with any of the lakes but will have a gps so I would need some ideas as to where to go as well and depth. I am thinking about Buffalo lake. Would like to catch some crappies, walleyes, or some nice sunfish. I usually just throw on a fluflu and fish a foot or so from the bottom. Any help you guys could give on this one would be great. Thanks!!!

Is it just me or does anyone else think the water clarity on Buffalo has greatly improved. I had a theory that the drought-like conditions this summer prevented quite a bite of run off from the fields - maybe that is why.

Big R, Buffalo does seem to have some pretty clear water right now. Maybe your theory is right.

Sid, a good option to try is to fish Buffalo. During early ice, a good spot it seems for crappies and walleyes is by the crowd infront of the courthouse. You'll need to get outside of them and drill you fair share of holes and hop around but you can pick up a few here and there (walleyes and crappies). If you want to get into some nice sunnies your gonna have to try some of the smaller less pressured lakes and make it your own honey hole. A lake to try is Pelican Lake over by St. Michael. It has plent of panfish in it.

For crappies, Little Maple north of the town of Maple lake is also good for early season Crappies. Fish around or with the crowd and you should be able to pick up a couple.

What color is the Igloo style house? I think I'm gonna be on the water a lot this year and hope to meet some of you guys out there. cool.gif

I was out on buffalo this past weekend. I has some trouble with getting the wheel house to where I wanted to due to slush and no ATV chains so I got as close to a break as possible and set it down. I had 11 inches of ice with 9 being clear and the top 2 frozen slush. I was kind of bummed about not getting it where I wanted it but I fished anyways. I was about 5 feet shallower than I wanted. I only had one bite at sunset and had him to the hole but it got off. It was a small eye. I went back out on sunday and thought I would give it a go again in the same spot since I had not had a chance to get chains. I fished the dusk bite and got 1 12 inch eye. I thought I would stay a bit since I was shallower than normal and see if the fish would move up. That was a good move. I got about a fish an hour thru 10:00 with the last being a nice 20 incher with a total of six fish caught mostly about 13 inches. I wish I could have stayed later but I had to work in the morning. The dusk fish are seeming to like the fatheads with the later fish liking shiners. That is the first 20 I have seen out of buffalo in a while but I have been fishing mille lacs a lot so I havent been out there as much in the last couple years.

Hey KDawg, I was doing the same thing two nights ago, I just couldn't get a picture to turn out. I tried holding the camera in front of me (that didn't work), I tried putting the fishies on the ice next to things (but that just doesn't look right), I also tried how you took the picture (but all my fish were to big for the viewing window). shocked.gif

You have to take the picture's, because if you don't then people just won't beleive you, and your memories of that fish go down the hole with the fish,...forever. So what do you do confused.gif

I caught (4) 20"-23" fish in 45 minutes that were all released starting at 4:20PM, then a 17" quick that I kept and then they moved out and that was it.

I've been trying a few different things and my favorits so far it to lay the fish in fron of the hole with the lure still in its mouth and the rod next to it and snap a pic. I think it looks good. Here is one of my better ones.

[image]pc1600892.jpg[/image]

I've found that way to work best for me too. Here is a pretty good one from last year.

eye2ko9.jpg