Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
bassNspear

Old Fishing Reports!

bassNspear    0
bassNspear

This is the time of year where this get a bit busy on the lake when it comes to the fishing season.

So with that thought, i thought that it might be a nice thing to have a fishing report link on this page so people can respond to anything they want about this area.

So, on that note, I was out on Twin a few days ago. There was alot of people boating out there as always. But i found alot of fish. I must have caught 50+ fish, with a few over 18 inches. There was a few other people fishing, but most of the people out there, as everyone knows, is just boating around. Lakes are very clear, and the fish are active.

SluggoMaster    0
SluggoMaster

I'm not going to post any details, but I will say that 90% of the bass now are post-spawn. They are a little harder to catch, but they are out there! smile.gif I was pre-fishing for a match yesterday and stopped after catching five. The smallest I caught was 16.5" and the largest being 18". I will post more details after my match.

river huntfish    0
river huntfish

I haven't been chasing the fish that hard this open water season, because I got hooked on shooting carp with the bow. But I think maybe ill start going after some smallies on the Mississippi now.

SluggoMaster    0
SluggoMaster

I won my match tonight with 15 pounds, 14 ounces. My opponent only had three fish for just over 7 and 1/2 pounds. He was fishing shallow, and all my fish came from 10 feet of water on the far outside edge. Very few fish were up shallow tonight. I caught at least 20 fish over 2 pounds this evening. It was very breezy, but well worth the effort!

Have fun!

Central Bassman    0
Central Bassman

where did you fish?? drop me an email with details!!! smile.gif

Kyle Sandberg    0
Kyle Sandberg

My report for Saturday:

I made it out to Pulaski by my self and set to it to find fish. I found them, just not what species. There were plenty of rock bass and sunnfish caught between 12-3. After the rain stopped and the wind calmed down a little, I fished a rock pile out in the middle of the lake, 5-7. Started drifting. Had a lot of short hook sets. Around 6 I started bobber fishing and I had the leech in the water not more than two minutes when I got the first eye of the day. A healthy 16". Missed a couple more and was getting all my stuff together ready to leave when I got another bite and got the second walleye, a 15". Ended out the day with those two.

Conditions only got better throughout the day starting with wind and rain and calming down to a slight breeze. Was nice with the rain as it pushed the pleasure craft into shore. Great day on the water and heading up to Mille Lacs tommorow. I'll let you know how I do.

Big R    0
Big R

Had about the same kind of day. I was on the lake from 8-1 and caught a "nice" mixed bag. 2 walleyes 6 northerns 4 sunnies and too many rock bass. All caught trolling cranks. The 2 walleyes were 15" and 10".

walleyeking19    0
walleyeking19

Big R, what lake were you on??

Big R    0
Big R

Same as K Dawg, Pulaski.

bassNspear    0
bassNspear

lake must be doing well for a few poeple out there??

Kyle Sandberg    0
Kyle Sandberg

More like OK. I was out on the lake for 5 hours gitting those two.

travelinlaker    0
travelinlaker

Just returned from the Longville area. Went after muskies. And can't say I caught one. I did see two. Neither one being 'huge' but nice looking fish. Caught quite a few northerns, as to be expected. The water was in the high 50's when we got there last Thurs. But when we left last night it was in the mid 60's. So it was a nice weekend.

My son and I did get a chance to get some crappies. I take him with me musky fishing and he practices his casting. Well, now to get him to use a bobber is almost impossible. He actually found the crappies on a drop off using a beetle spin. He is only 3, but he is a good little caster. I found out he doesn't talk your ear off if he can just cast over and over. So he caught one on it and he had all he could do to bring it in. He gets his bait out about 20 or so feet with his Scooby doo rod. To me, I had a great weekend.

Might go out tonight with him again.

WJS    0
WJS

Went out to Sugar sat morning. Had some motor issues early, sorry to the guy that had to wait, but thanks for the offer to go out fishing with you! trolling motor for awhile and got nothing for 2 hours. got the big motor working and buzzed to the south end. Tossed a spinner bait through the reeds. Caught 1 slimer and a bunch of bass. Just drifted down through the reeds casting and catching. was a good time. tried some trolling but didn't get anything. what's a good area for walleyes on that lake?

bassNspear    0
bassNspear

what is the water like right now on sugar?

Tim01    0
Tim01

north end on the sunken islands or off to the side in about 16-22' of water. we went to sugar for a few hours today 2 small northerns and a handful of decent bass. we jumped to buffalo and killed them small 9-11" eyes! nothing bigger tho

Mgreseth    0
Mgreseth

I'm heading out to buffalo tomorrow. I'll let you all know if I get anything bigger than that.

walleyeking19    0
walleyeking19

I was out on Pulaski on Sunday. I was only out there for 1 1/2 hours and caught a 20" and 15" walleye. grin.gif Plus a small rockbass.

chickeywing    0
chickeywing

We've been having fun backtrolling sucker minnows behind a jig head or a spinner rig, just off the weeds. 2 trips to local lakes landed us 8 slime, 3 to 9 pounds.

bassNspear    0
bassNspear

Any new reports?????

Tim01    0
Tim01

was hoping for some good info this weekend!! gonna try pulaski for the first time tommorrow morn any good suggestions?

Big R    0
Big R

Quote:

was hoping for some good info this weekend!! gonna try pulaski for the first time tommorrow morn any good suggestions?

See my post in the Pulaski post. Use bobbers with nightcrawlers or leeches on the 14-18ft weed edges.

walleyeking19    0
walleyeking19

I was out on Pulaski tonight and caught 14 fish. 2 northerns, 1 sunny, 10 rockbass and 1 12" walleye. Caught all of them trolling in a timespan of about 2 hours.

SluggoMaster    0
SluggoMaster

I was out on Buffalo fishing for bass and picked up three decent fish on a DD-22 in 10-12 feet of water. I lost one that probably would have went five pounds or better on the DD-22. I just hate it when my drag is set too tight on my crankbait rods! wink.gif

Tim01    0
Tim01

yeah we went to pulaski early on monday morning didnt get much and ended up back on buffalo after the storm... ended up with 1 smally that was about 4and a half a largemouth slightly smaller and a limit of eyes. i gotta say it was probably the best day ive had all season! too bad i busted my prop earlier crazy.gif

eyes'    1
eyes'

Tim01, what size were the limit of walleyes if you don't mind me asking????