• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

6-3-07 Report

Northland Sportsman

We fished the south/ southest part of the lake on Sun morning. Launched out of Fther Hennepin. We didn't have to go very far to catch fish. We started drifting with leaches on snells 6-9 feet in length. Had a couple in the boat and a few misses on first drift. We made a few passes and picked up a few nice eater/keeper size fish. We then moved a little north and fished hawkbill area. There the luck was about the same a few too big and small but a nice mix of keepers. The bite was not fast and ferious, but steady enough to keep us interested. We packed up a little after 1:00 (just before the heavier rain) with 10 keepers between 4 guys in the boat. Biggest was 24". It was a good day out there, I can't wait to get back out!

Thanks for the report.

When you drift, how fast do you like to go (with the snells) and what size weight do you use?

I didn't have the GPS with (not in my boat) but we used a drift sock to slow us down a bit and that seemed to help. I think most of us were using 1/4 oz weights. Were were using red, orange, chartruese hooks with green or red beeds. The color didn't seem to make a big difference. Good luck on the pond!