• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Grand Rapids Winnie fishing report

Water temps are starting to warm up in the area. Most of the lakes are in the low to mid 60’s and the fish are really biting. We have been fishing Winnie still in the shallows in 7-10 ft of water with a jig and minnow. The north shore has been the place to be lately, from pigeon up to stoney. The deep water is starting to show fish also with fish in the 16-21 ft. We have been using 3/8-oz jigs with a shiner or leech or a lindy and a leech. Sand and bowstring have been producing some fish also. They are the same, some fish in the shallows and some in the deep water. We have also been hitting Cass Lake with some fish in Allen’s bay in the shallower water and some fish on the bars over by the dam. Pokegama has been producing walleye in the 20-25 ft off some of the humps and deep points with a jig and minnow.

Good luck fishing

Jason Boser

www.mnfishingpros

www.fishingminesota

Jason we will be up the 9th to the 16th. How much longer do you see the shiner bite continuing?

Quote:

Jason we will be up the 9th to the 16 th how much longer do you se the shiner bite cotinuing?

I'll be up there on the 14th-17th, with 3 Walleye Rookies in our party, I'll take any Winnie tips I can get as well!

smile.gif

I think it will be still going then and i think we will see more and more going on on the humps but the shoreline bite will stay with us for awhile

Jason

Quote:

I think it will be still going then and i think we will see more and more going on on the humps but the shoreline bite will stay with us for awhile

Jason

Any Musky areas on the north end you'd reccomend... (I'm staying in South Deer Lake on CFS)

I'm in the first wave of my group that's heading up, and I'll have about 8 hours to chase Musky (If I decide to) before the rest of the "Walleye Only" crew gets up there...

I've never targeted Musky on Winnie... My only guess is that shallow weed flat on the south end of Tamarac bay, near the the old river channel...

Thanks!

Fished out of McArdle's 5/31 through 6/3. Found fish on Mallard, Ravens, Sugar Bar, Sugar Bay, and by the minnow traps near the river. Lots of slot fish with 26" being the biggest. Caught most on jig and shiner and some on a Roach Rig and leech.