Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Freak

Any Muskies???

3 posts in this topic

Any Muskie reports from the weekend?

I didn't fish around here for the musky but i did get up to Maplewood State Park and got some nice fish. Wish I knew how to post teh pictures on here. I have heard that Lobster put up a few fish, I haven't heard if Miltona did anything or not. Usually Miltona doesn't heat up till mid July, most people who catch them now are trolling, or jigging for Eye's.

Saw a lot of fish last weekend on Miltona. 2 solid hits on top-water. Nothing seemed to be too active in the follows though, all fish seemed to be hanging back a bit and not all to aggressive.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Wanderer
      Agreed.  One thing that drew me too lakers was their mysterious nature and the places they live.  Kind of a sacred type of fish.   I also agree the DNR will basically ignore any additional specialized management until an organized group starts advocating for lakers.  There just hasn't been a large enough following up till the past few years like you mentioned.   So, what's next?  It seems like laker fans are here to stay.    
    • Hellafishin
      How are folks dealing with this warm weather spell? Are you still fishing even though the temps are well above freezing? At what point is ice deemed unsafe?
    • ZachD
      Well it looks like Recycled Fish is under new leadership! I talked to them and they say that they will have the shirts back for the 2017/2018 fishing season
    • leech~~
      Thanks, shes a tough lake to keep stocked I think with the pressure it gets all summer.
    • ZachD
      That's what I have been reading after more research I will probably replace my thermal with one when the time comes but for now I am looking for a smaller lighter house I can use when by myself. Better than canvas craft is saying something!