Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyle Sandberg

40 inch WALLEYE

15 posts in this topic

Was this fish cropped or do you thing its really that big?

bigwalleye.jpg

Zander, not a walleye.

looks fake to me

what's a zander?

I second the zander id. Basically a European form of walleye.

that is defenitly not a real walleye

Look at the lower tip of the tial. Not much of a white spot is there. I say it's a Zander. Second clue, what kind of boat and motor is that?

If its cropped in they did a good job, also i agree it can't be true wally, but thats on heck of a zander!!

The motor is a 20 HP Yamaha from the late 80s early 90s. Those things are everywhere including Europe, US, and everywhere in between.

It looks like a Zander to me. Zander grow larger than walleyes. Zander are also sometimes "fed" to unsuspecting restaurant guests ordering "walleye" off the menu too.

My guess is that picture has either been doctored, or it was taken in Europe. If I was going to doctor a big walleye picture, I'd at least start out with a walleye.

Ok. Still, it was pretty cool to see at first.

Looks like a good eater - I bet thing would be tasty! blush.gifcrazy.gif Um, maybe not....

If zander fight anything like walleyes, that thing must've been a blast to play. I've had 25-26"ers that didn't want to come off the bottom - I can't imagine a 40"er doing a head shake and darting for the deep water.

CAME FROM 7MILE FLAT ON MILLE LACS, LINDY RIGGIN IN 31 FT OF H2O,THEN RELEASED, SHE'S STILL OUT THERE!!!!! THINK IT WILL BE CROWDED ON 7MILE???

It is anyway... smirk.gif