Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeffyo45

Rush Lake Bass

3 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone could chime in on the bass bite on Rush. I have a club tourney on Saturday and have only fished the lake once. Anything I have ever heard is fish shallow. Would anyone like to agree or disagree? Also, can anyone give me information about the water depth on the south end of the east lake where all of the lily pads are? The one time I fished it the water was around 5-8' but I figured since almost all lakes are down this area could be quite a bit lower. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

email me I just won a tournament out there on last friday during the day I beieve I had like 16 pounds

cjnystrom@msn.com I will try to help thanks

I have more experience on West Rush but here goes. The south end of East is full of weeds to the surface already. We hit West a couple weeks ago and our bass came on spinnerbaits. Most of them were frisky 10 inchers and our largest was 16" Be ready for lots of pike while fishing either side of Rush anywhere you find cabbage mostly. Work on your weed presentations since there is an abundance of them already!

We've seen plenty of big bass just cruising by the docks lately.

I was amazed at a Fishers-of-Men tourney weigh in last fall. 5 bass over 25lbs total won...WOW! Most people had one 5lber and a few 2-3lbers these two guys had 5 of them.

Good Luck,

Ferny.