Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ocf1

Clearwater Bass

29 posts in this topic

Im going to be out on clearwater this weekend and was wondering if anyone has any tips tricks or other advice.

There is alot of places on this lake that you can get some fish. I know that this post is a bit late, How did you do?

Oh, sorry i was thinking the coming weekend but im pumped.

so your going out this weekend? or where out this last weekend?

I am going out saturday 5/9. Its for a junior club tournament, my first ever smile.gif

There are already two money tournys out there this weekend. Its going to be a busy place.

thats gonna suck........there is only 5-7 of us out there though, any reports?

White or Yellow spinner baits, Along the north shore. Hit the Black Pool too.

Make sure to fish the inside weedline on the north shore. There will be alot of fishing in the shallow water in the reeds also.

Any other tips?

Nothing to offer here. Was there last night in that wind, and got blanked! Argh.

Man that ain't good to hear, Someone said there was 2 tournaments out there tommorrow, I know fishers of men is in the evening, anyone know of the other.

This lake is a very popular lake to fish bass on. I know there is alot of water out there, but do you think this lake gets its beating all year long, where later in the year, the lake is at a point that there has been so many boats out there?

There is SO much structure out there that if you cover water and pattern your pick ups you will be able to find them. But with so much water that can take most of a day. A buddy said he was out last week and saw a bunch of boats in the usual bass haunts, so we went after eyes. He said he was able to get a few 'eaters'. I on the other hand haven't really gone after eyes in there, mostly bass.

A good buddy of mine was out on one of the tournies on sat and did pretty well. He got a ton of fish but didn't find the decent ones till about an hour b/f weigh-in. Said they started at 6 and were culling by 7:05

Dang, I got 1 all day, the other kid in my boat got 4 only 2 keepers though.

What are some good things to look for in early august?

Ocf1- In August you will see me in the middle of that lake fishing deep water humps, points and deep weed line. The later the season get the more i finesse fish (because of pressure) with a shaky head worm or a drop shot. But sometimes a 10" power worm will catch a lot of fish late in the season. smirk.gif

So whats workin now?

See my post in fishing reports. ^^^^^^^^

Whats working now boys.

same thing that always works, reeds.

Been hooking them in the bottom lip lately, quite a change from last week. Will be going out there tomorrow, will update any changes.(LOL)

do you guys look for reeds that have deep water nearby, also any luck with humps?

Not going to give all my secrets, But. Look for the weed lines, I usually cast a White or yellow spinner bait. You will pick up Bass and northern. If you go out to the East basin, keep the boat in about 5 FOW and cast the Humps. Work both deeper and shallower and you will find Bass and Northerns.

Thanks Robbo! I caught 1 fish last time and im not going to do that bad again!