• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Stainless Stell / Chromium-Plated Guides on Rods

Chuckster

Question

I recently purchased a new 7ft Fenwick HMX rod that will mainly be used for Lindy rigs. However, its seems as though the line sags a little between the guides and sometimes results in tangles around the rod tip in some situations. Anyone out there have the same type of problem as this? What can a guy do to prevent this if it can be prevented at all?

1 answer to this question

What kind of and size line do you have on it. What is listed on reel for correct line.

Also the way it was spooled on could have caused line to twist alot. I have found long casting in front yard, with weight on end of line has helped me. That, or have some one pull a large amount of line out and reel back up. It should help.

New line seems to twist at first. Just keep fishing and it seems to correct it self.

Good luck!