• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Walleyes Jumping

While taking my fishing partner (dog) to shore for a nature break, I noticed walleyes leaping out of the water. There were not bugs flying around so I figured the pike must be chasing them. Caught a small pike quickly, so I switched to a larger setup. Landed a nice 41" pike. Stayed in the area and saw more fish and minnows jumping. I haven't witness something like this before. Is this common for URL?

a 41 footer eh? Makes the one we caught look like a minnow!!! wink.gif hehehe

We had a walleye jump out of the lake at one of my friend's minnow as he was lifting it out of the water... I told him we oughta start doing figure 8's like the muskie guys!

And all you guys said the DNR was nuts for producing the wallbass license plates! grin.gif See they really do exist... but only on RED!!! grin.gif

Good Luck!

Ken

The walleye are chasing shiners in the shallows and will surface from time to time while attacking prey.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a couple do that on Winnie last labor day weekend up shallow chasing young perch around.