• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

212 Closed!!

Good luck to all who travel from Cologne to Chaska!!

Hwy 5 should be fun for the next 6 weeks.

even the dirt roads are all closed. I feel a little traped.

I was on five today coming from lake Waconia, and it was crazzzy!! crazy.gif

I second that! I was wondering what the deal was. Now I know.

Six weeks?!?!?!?!?! crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

Hey Reef Runner-- Would 140 get me into chaska??

Quote:

Hey Reef Runner-- Would 140 get me into chaska??

140 has actually been closed for quite a while where 147 intersects to 212 in Chaska - it is tough getting around out this way frown.gif

Correct!

140 is also closed.

Basically every road, including the little dirt ones, is closed that is north of 212 and south of 5. If you need to be anywhere north of the river you have to take 5 and if you want to be south of the river you can head south out of Cologne and go to 169 in Jordan.

I am not sure how long it will be but roomer has it that it will be 6 weeks.

Also a heads up. Yesterday I thought I might be able to make it threw on 212 and I got pulled over by the cops. She was real nice but informed me that there will ONLY be local traffic allowed.

Try working in Chaska! Pioneer Trail is closed. Bluff Creek Road is closed. Audobon will be closed on friday. Cnty road 10 is closed. now 212 is closed. The only major north south road open is 41 and the only major east west is hwy 5!!!!!

Just wait, 284 from Wac to Cologne is also closing in about a month. You will need a helocopter to get into Wacoina.

Guys, 212 will only be closed for a month, but then that is when 284 will close. Other options for for Western Carver County Folk to to take 140 east to County 43 North to County 10/Engler Blvd and take that east into Chaska.

This does suck. But in a year or two when 212 is finally done, it'll all be worth it...for awhile until it really starts to grow out in God's country!!

What Reelguy said.

I have my helicopter on order, they gave me a 6 week delivery date. confused.gifcrazy.gif

It would be nice if 140 was open!!! Im not sure how im going to get to work!! I need to find a new way, i took 5 this morning and that will be the last time!!! STOP and GO for ever!!! crazy.gif

Quote:

I have my helicopter on order, they gave me a 6 week delivery date

Now that's funny right there grin.gif

I get to drive from Lakeville to Hutch every day (at least for a while yet) and I forgot until I got to Chaska on Monday. It really only took an extra 10 minutes or so to go up to 7. Changed my route through Jordan now though and there sure is a lot of traffic that way too (assumably for the same reason I'm there). My wife is having a tough time getting to downtown too with the work on Cedar and the 35W/62 work about to get into fully swing so it's not just you guys on 212.

Milling off the old blacktop, adding turn lanes, and prepping the site where the New 212/312 will connect to it. Pain in the A##, but it needed to be done. Some sections of 212 were in pretty bad shape. I just wish they would have done a little more planning. It's almost impossible to get through Chaska. Morning or evening! mad.gif

Beak

It is a pain. I was on my way to work on friday morning, and witness as head on crash by hwy 25. Man, what a reality check. It was the car in front of me that was hit. Everyone ended up ok.

I have been taking back roads to jordan, from cologne, to get to shakopee. The problem is, its adding 15 mins on the time. Ya there is not traffic, but man, i cant wait till they get it all back to normal.

I was in cologne on Suday for a grad party and came through belle plaine on my way there...on the way home I noticed 212 was closed and I had no clue how to get back to Shakopee without backtracking to BP or Waconia....so I played dumb and took 212....made it all the way through without a problem...good thing it was a sunday I guess. There still were a bunch of cars on it for being closed though.

how did the road look? Im sure there was noone on it becuase it was sunday. Maybe its not all the way closed....on sundays cool.gif

Lowblazah- I think you did get lucky from what i have heard is that there is cops all over the place on 212 stoping people trying ot make it though!!! wink.gif

So we cannot sneek in thru Carver anymore? I thought that way way still open? confused.gif

Quote:

how did the road look? Im sure there was noone on it becuase it was sunday. Maybe its not all the way closed....on sundays
cool.gif

It was definitely closed....there were a few spots where they made us get off the main road and take temporary parralell gravel roads where they have it dug up

I'm sure I got lucky...i could tell I wasn't supposed to be on it

Quote:

So we cannot sneek in thru Carver anymore? I thought that way way still open?
confused.gif

It's still open to Co Rd 40. (Carver) But then you have to take Co Rd 50 till you you get to Gotha. Then back North to 212.

Makes you wonder I thought the state legislature said they needed the gas tax for more road construction ! Seems to be more goin on now than in the past 15 years! So I just keep tellin myself it will be great in a year!

Little help please. I need to go from Burnsville to Granite Falls tomorrow at 9:00am. What would be the best route? Thanks in advance.

I would take 169 west to Jordan take a right on to 45 north, take a left on to 50 west, then take a right on to 53 North and then jump on 212 West (right by cologne) all the way to Granite Falls smile.gif Its fast and there isnt much traffic that way!!! smile.gif