• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Nipigon Brookies and Lake Trout

Guy's I need some help/suggestions. My wife and I are heading to Pasha lake on the 15th. I have fished the area during the winter but never the summer. We would like to fish some splake, brookies and lakers, the lakers and brookies would be on Nipigon. I know you have to use barbless hook on Nipigon.

I was wandering if some one could suggest what type of baits to use, we will be running down riggers. So any help you guys could give me would greatly be appreciated.

Take care,

Sniper1

Sniper,

I've stayed at Pasha and spent time on big Nip. Depends when your going up. Early season the brookies can be found shallow around the rocks and you can cast to them and during the summer out deep suspended near the top over deep water or on the lakes humps. Try jointed raps, stick baits, etc for the brookies and for the lakers which can be found just about anywhere troll HUGE spoons. Try canoes, williams, and wobblers. I'm sure you've been to the splake lake already cool.gif. Good luck and let me know if theres anything I can help you with.

Outdoor ran:

I was planning on running cowbells and crawlers for the splake. We have never fished trout when we have been up there. The splake lake is thru Geraldton, we went into a fly in lake in March on sleds. Did you ever fish Neeza, just up the road from the 801 for blue walleyes??. We did in march wow are they nice fish.

Our plan is to fish Northwinds, Neeza, the splake lake, maybe run up to Katchican for a day and maybe run to the jackfish river on Nipigon.

Any suggestions you can give us as far as what to use and where to go would greatly be appreciated. This is my wife's first trip into Canada.

Thanks again for the help.

Doug

Sniper1, Soot me a email with your number and I will get you every thing you need. I think Outdoor ran still has my map but I have more.

[email protected]

Havn't tried Neeza, Have fish NW a few times. Last year it went bad at the landing. Some Mich boys thought they owed the lake and launch. We just run stick baits on the DR for the splake. We talk about making the 20 mile run to the Jackfish every year but just havn't done it yet. If you get blown off the big lake you can go to the royal windsor and fish Oriant bay. Some nice brookies in there too.

Tom, what map? I no nothing about a map wink.gifgrin.gif

"Tom, what map? I no nothing about a map"

Ok Randy I now you do not remember getting one from me with all those spots marked for you smile.gif. Well I think next year we should take a group up there from here and have some fun smirk.gif.

I was wondering where that map came from smirk.gif. I'm not going up there this year frown.gif My fishing buddies talked me into going antelope hunting in the fall instead. Hopefully next year we can get back up to the big Nip.

Lets do it guys! I would love to take a trip back up Armstrong way.

You know it will be hard to get me off of the Blue Walleye lake though. grin.gif