Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kolar Toyota Tourney results

1 post in this topic

Duluth Father and Son Team Win

Kolar Toyota Tourney

For Second Time

For Immediate release June 2, 2007

Hermantown, MN—Duluthians Eldin and Gary Hage took advantage of today’s rainy weather to win the Kolar Toyota ALS Walleye tournament for the second time. Their total weight of 12.61 pounds bested the runner-up team of Troy Skorich and John Swanstrom.

Today’s weather was similar to the last time the father and son combination won the tournament in 2005.

“It was very similar,” said Gary Hage, who has fished all 12 Kolar Toyota tournaments with his father Eldin. “I guess we do our best fishing when it’s raining.”

Skorich and Swanstrom, both of Superior, finished in second place in the tournament once before, in 1998. Four teams weight more than ten pounds of walleyes today on Island Lake, the first time in tournament history some many teams have boated more than ten pounds of fish.

“The weather wasn’t great,” said tournament director David Kolquist. “But the fishing sure was. And we raised a lot of money to fight ALS, whicc is the most important thing.”

Professional athletes Kent Hrbek, Jim Johnson, and Darby Hendrickson, hosted the one-day event.

Also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease, ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) is a fatal disease that affects more than 30,000 people in the United States and 300 in Minnesota. Thirteen new cases are diagnosed each day. Patients eventually become paralyzed, but their minds remain unaffected. Although there is currently no cure or treatment, research in recent years has made startling in-roads toward those ends. Dollars raised will not only go toward furthering this research, but also toward helping ALS patients here in the Northland.

2007 Kolar Toyota Top 25

Place Angler #1 Hometown Angler #2 Hometown Fish Weight

1 Eldin Hage Duluth Gary Hage Duluth 6 12.61

2 John Swanstrom Superior Troy Skorich Superior 6 11.01

3 Jeff Schliep Duluth Jon Kalkbrenner Duluth 6 10.12

4 Rob Irving Duluth Mark Dunaisky Duluth 6 10.05

5 Mike Buetow Moose Lake Curt Benson Duluth 6 9.81

6 Tim Brolsma Bloomington David Lindbloom Maple Grove 4 8.05

7 Steve Detlefsen Two Harbors Jeff Michalski Duluth 6 7.92

8 Bob Cannon Duluth Rob Cannon Duluth 6 7.67

9 Jay Bergman Duluth Dave Arff Hayward 6 7.31

10 Jamie Lindseth Eveleth Scott Peterson Bemidji 6 6.88