• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Had a great trip to Mille Lacs

cweinkauf

Went to Mille Lac's on Saturday night and got a guide (Dave) from Hunter Winfield. We were out from 6-10pm got our limit of eaters and each of us got multiple fish big enough to keep us smiling for a while. I think the biggest was 26 and a half.

The most important part of the trip was our guide. Easy going, knows what he's doing, fast getting on the spot, with the rods and taking care of everything. He even showed me a new way to fillet that's going to make that job alot easier from now on.

Oh and let me tell you about getting on the spot. This guy doesn't mess around, we were ON the spot. If you cast your bobber out more than 8ft from the boat no fish. Drop it within 5ft of the boat- fish every 5 minutes or less. There were several times that 2 or three of us were playing fish at the same time.

Hunter's is listed on the resorts page so if you want to take that trip you can enjoy Dave's hotspots too.

If you want to go from confused.gif to grin.gif then spend a few $$$ and turn Mille Lacs into your favorite walleye hole. Sorry no pics yet. I'll post them as soon as they are emailed to me.

A couple friends and I got out last Thur PM after work. The wind was very light, sunny and warm, you wouldn't think that would bode well. But it turned out to be a great outing. Went out to the flats first rigging. We got the only keeper from there first, a 17". followed by a 28, 26, 25.5 and a 25. Moved in for the final hour and caught 6 more keepers, and 6 more 20"-25" on slips. What a blast! The action was literally as fast as bringing your kids to fish sunnies off the dock. Can't wait to try it again.

Thank you for the great review of the trip, guys. grin.gif We'll have your pictures posted at hunterwinfields.com soon. We've had some recent computer issues, so if you could drop us an email address at [email protected] , I can send you the pics. Hope to see you guys again soon.