• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

CROW RIVER

Has any one been catching any thing on the Crow between Hanover and Rogers areas. I went down to Mill Side and say a guy catch some carp and a sucker but thats it. Thanks

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LPCrowRiverFisherman

• Huntin&Fishin

• chickeywing

• EBass

My buddy has been doing well on the Cats. He has his spots though. It's a really good river for cats

Ive herd that, and have done well myself for cats, biggest channel is 8-9lbs.

I caught a 32" channel last year spring. Weight?? I didn't know they got that big. I heard ones that are bigger per my buddy. Cut sucker, shiner, shrimp. Oh one time these 12yrs kids were schooling me using leeches and actually broke his rod on a big ol kitty. He was so ticked. I did get a leech and caught a lil one and that was it. Just wasn't my day I guess. Another time my other buddy Bill caught a 8lber on a crankbait. You just never know - but it's a nice lil chocolate river

Ive been catching some walleyes sauger in that area. Of course, I have my own hot spots, but just my report.

Catching a lot of catfish, in early june up to June 10, then all catfish biting stopped and the carp and bullhead are the more dominant species now. I have caught 5, 4+ Pounders, all using nightcrawlers, that has been my best bait. Throw your bait in the middle of the river in the current and wait for a hard tug. Lester Prairie. Largest Cat at 28", 8 LBS- 100_3520.jpg

Looks like you've got it dialed in. Nice to have you at Fishing MN LPCrowRiverFisherman! Good luck this summer and keep the reports coming.

Just recently I have caught some nice fish, the catfish are still there but not in the open they are now preferring the cover. There is a fallen tree that is holding some cats but there are lots of snags. Right off the bridge on the concrete I have caught a Walleye, and a friend has caught a decent catfish, that is where I got my 8 LB fish. The Walleye was 16", and 1.5 LBS. Jigging a Nightcrawler right off the side. I'll post a picture soon.

Nice work LP, I grew up on the crow in Watertown and spent most of my summer's biking up and down fishing different spots. Keep the posts coming!

I found some catfish today, I caught 11 Bullhead, 8 Catfish, and 1 Carp. The picture with me in it is a 16", 1 LB Catfish, and the picture with the Black and Yellow stripes is a 18", 2 LB Catfish.

100_3621.jpg

100_3626.jpg

LP that one by the stripes looks mighty tasty! Nice pics I like the river with the trestle.GOOD FISHIN cool.gif

Vexilar, What town is that near, and what time of the summer were the fish caught. It looks very wide.

Near st.micheal, Rogers area. They were caught in early august, 06. Our best time was when we had that Hot heat wave come threw. It widens in that spot.

RiverFishThruJune.jpg

Fish From Crow I Have Caught This Year Through June

Ever get any smallies? I know they aren't many in there. I did get one small smallie a few years ago. Hook and worm going for cats. I've also heard rumors of 10lb walleyes to.

I've fished the Dam in Hutch a couple times this year, and caught a Estimated 2 LB Smallmouth, surprising but before I bent down to pull it out of the water the hook came out. Also where I fish I have never heard of a Smallmouth in my part of the crow. In the fall and spring in the area I fish I've heard of anything from 13"-23" long for Walleyes, so about 1-4 LBS. I've only caught one this year, it was 16", but last fall I caught a total of 4, but all in the 13-14" area.

The river has it all, I've gotten smallies(4lbs biggest, walleyes (2-27inches in one day), northerns, even a muskie. The big cats or carp can wreck your real. I use almost exclusively a floating orange rapala.

Where I fish cats are your best bet of a gamefish, bullhead and carp can ruin my fun, unless im going for carp. A walleye is a bonus for me.

We've fished the Crow alot over the years. We used to get a ton of smallies in the river below Burnings Mill, walleye, cats, pike, you name it.

We also got a 9 3/4 pound walleye out of the Crow river near Rockford....got 2 fish that day, about a 10" walleye, (me)and my brother caught the hog. When I came across the river to see what he had, I thought he had a big carp on the stringer.

We have several fishing holes on the crow and we get walleyes now and then, although nothing as big as "The Hog" as we usually refer to it. Lots of little stuff, with a good sized eater thrown in once in awhile.

Every now and then we will get a smallie, but we haven't gotten anything big.

These pictures are from Thurs. Night, and Fri., It's alot of pictures but the fishing has been quite nice. The Grebe, how long ago was this fish caught and if you have a picture, and its on the computer can you post it. 100_3837.jpg100_3841.jpg My first 2 Redhorse day ever, happened in just over an hour.

100_3840.jpg Black Crappie caught by friend

Friday

100_3851.jpg100_3849.jpg 24", 5 LB Carp and 17", 1.5 LB Catfish, caught by friend, he hold the fish out and it makes them look larger.

100_3846.jpg Another redhorse, 18", 2.5 LBS

100_3844.jpg 15", 1.25 LB Walleye

A Nice Day

Nice fish LP! How do you stay soooo clean on the river banks?? I've always,and still do get dirtier than the dog with me!

Thank you, I bring a towel along, but you couldn't see the rest of my clothes.

LPCRF....That big walleye happened quite awhile back, maybe 6-8 years ago, long before I even knew how to use any part of a computer, but I do have a picture of it around here somewhere? If I can find it, I'll see if my son will scan it and send it back to me and somehow I'll see if I can post it, or send it to you, or whatever?

That would be nice to see the picture because that is one big walleye, especially out of the Crow

That is one big walleye out of anywhere! I've never caught one that size, my biggest is 8 and that was out of Lake Koronis, through the ice.