Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cray

Anyone use "Gulp" nightcrawlers?

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone used the "Gulp" nightcrawlers with either a Lindy Rig or on a jig? If so how did they work. I'm wondering if they may be an option for Boundry Waters trips.

have used the 4" ones but I prefer the 4" gulp trailers, more bulk to them. Should work well in the BWCA pretty sure the fish have not had a chance to see many of them..

Quote:

Has anyone used the "Gulp" nightcrawlers with either a Lindy Rig or on a jig? If so how did they work. I'm wondering if they may be an option for Boundry Waters trips.

They have worked ok for me in the past but if I kept a record natural verses Gulp I think I would be safe to say natural has worked better for me

Let us know how it goes! Seems like a good plan. One thing I've heard about GULP though is that if you let it freeze, the chemical comp changes somehow and can actually repel fish. crazy.gif Has anyone else heard this?

My neighbor said he saw it on a show and the Berkley rep actually said it. He was particularly frustrated to find this out AFTER our laker fishing trip in 20 below weather where he tipped just about every lure he tried with some sort of GULP! mad.gif

Thankfully, I think you won't be running the risk of freezing on your trip! grin.gif

For some reason I am one of those guys that everytime I am in L&M I have to buy some more fishing "stuff" With that said, I have used Gulp, Powerbait and many other artificial baits. None of them have ever worked as well (walleyes) for me as a plain jig and minnow, lindy and crawler or leech. I did pretty well with 6" gulp crawlers for smallies up on Namaken last summer though. I do like that type of bait when I am going on extended camping trips. No worries about keeping bait alive.