Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyle Sandberg

Rain rain go away

3 posts in this topic

I've only been able to get out one day this week. I had the entire week free for once and mother nature kicks me in the (contact us please).

On the bright side, it looks nicer next week.

K Dawg, sorry to hear you stayed in. I had the brother-in-law on Green in Spicer saturday for smallies. Fished in small rain falls caught several nice fish. Plus pair of 20 inch smallies.

Sunday we hit Pulaski sunday around 10, fish through the short rains. Caught alot of rock bass, Mark landed a 20" bass. About 2:00 we started fishing for walleyes. The sky was really dark, short squirt of rain, and fish on. I caught 3 eyes the largest a 22" with 2 others 16". Lost another nice eye just below the boat. Then I saw lighting and heard the thunder, didn't seem far away, we left the lake fast. I told my Brother-in-law, he could stay and fish in the lighting, I also said "Dead men tell no tales, I'm done for the day". We no more then, tied down the boat and the rain and wind hit hard. He said "Jim called that just right".

This was first time, I fished in the rain, in 1yr and half. Why get wet when you don't need to. This time it paid off. I have had many days, soaked to the bone and no fish. 15yrs ago, heavy rains I didn't care, I'm fishing. Now days much older and wiser, PLUS DRIER, I'll fish whenever.

He jim, I fish Pulaski a lot and if you wouldn't mind me asking where and how you caught the walleyes. If you don't want to post it here, shoot me an email at sandbergky@yahoo.com . Thanks.