Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DARK30

Black Dog Mountain

9 posts in this topic

On the evening of the 25th of May, we fished for flatties until 2:30 am. We were with in eye shot of the park from a boat. There was more traffic down there at night and it brought a little suspicion to my brother in-law and I. There were 4x4 trucks running up and down shore in the woods. They would stop and meet another truck by shore. They would stay there for about 5 to 10 minutes and leave. This happened many times through out night. I figured kids partying, but my brother in-law joked about it possibly being sick "o"'s.

Less than a week later, I had to laugh. My brother in-law was right.

I also got a funny feeling when we were launching at 35w bridge. It was right before dark and about 3 or 4 groups of men with flash lights would "butt" through launch area while we were waiting to launch our boat. Also allot of parking going on down at launch even when we came in for the night. The cops would chase them off.

We had a similar concern up in Elk River with Babcock Park on Mississippi for past 5 years. ER finest have pretty much run them out now.

I figured they all went to Black Dog park grin.gif.

Quote:

So much for bird watching....

Its that what you would call what you were doing down there all the time. Kind of a ways from ome ehe..

Dark...

Just when I was thinkin we should hook up and do some cattin, you go and post that. cool.gif And I was gonna let you fondle my aggie again. grin.gif

What are some of the names of those cattin rods youse guys use?? blush.gif

What a great set of mug shots in that article. Course, if they hadn't bathed for a month or two so they smelled a bit and carried an old rod, they could have passed as catfisherman and not gotten caught for months!!! grin.gif

Those guys do look like catmen! I think I'd fit right in with those mug shots!viaton.gif....um...How Bout Those Bears!clapping.gif

I'd LOVE to handle your Agate again Duff! I wish I had one that big! Is it for sale?

I've been doing some picking lately myself...got one dandy and some polishers. Wish I had these...

lakers.jpg

Sweet Pic Dark! I searched around and found the image online and have printed out a poster to hang at my desk.

"Blackdog Mountain" that cracks me up everytime. grin.gif

No, you cannot have my rock. Your find will come one of these days, and probably where you least expect it. I'd suggest searching somewhere other than Blackdog though. cool.gif

"No, you cannot have my rock. Your find will come one of these days"

Maybe Today grin.gif I need a little exercise. Lets see that pic again!

Well, down on MN Sat. night (June 9th). No action we could see of from boat. A total 360 from what we saw before the bust. Black dog road was calm also. Not as much traffic. The cops have slowed it down for now, or maybe the guys who got caught wives wont let them out any more grin.gif.