Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tearin' lips

Smallies

4 posts in this topic

Here it is for all you bass guys out there. We made it out yesterday afternoon for about five hours, not as long as I would have liked, but long enough to shake down a pattern. The smallies are starting the move up into the shallows. All of our fish were prespawn males starting to make the beds. Most of the fish came from fishing senkos over 6' of water. A nice slow presentation was all they needed yesterday. Look for this upcoming weekend to be a banner weekend if we get some nice weather. It seems that a few days of stability has helped the fishing alot.

Take Care Guys and Good Luck Fishing!

Bill - thanks for the post. My group will be up there on Saturday, June 16 for the week. I would appreciate any updates as we will be targeting smallies.

"Lips":

were you rigging Wacky, carolina on a jig? I'm up Saturday. Ten days from then, everyone will get the 4 paragraph dissertation.

God, I love Rainy.

Here are some pics from the other day...

Irvdog, yeah we were wacky riggin' 'em most of the time. We're heading out again tomorrow with a friend that has only fished smallies once. Hopefully we'll be able to find some nice smallies for her. I will give you a report afterwards.

DSCN5094.jpg

DSCN5096.jpg

DSCN5095.jpg