Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
avidfisher

where to stay

avidfisher

Help i am taking my boys camping next weekend the 8th. Parents are wanting to go as well but they would need a hotel in the area. Due to the wonderful thing we all have coming age. I have only camped up there twice around cut foot and seally. Also if there is a better small lake/motel/campground for roughly 7-10 people who lave to fish not picky just need to keep kids from getting bored. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EJW

Check out stuff on the Winni site.

A nice compromise would be Beckers Resort on the Minnissippi west side of Winni. Resort is in the river sheltered...cabins are quite resonable and they have 8-10 campsites right there. You can camp and have SWIMMING pool, playground, hand dipped ice cream,HOT showers etc.

Fish the super BARS not far or in the river.

A nice side trip...Forest History Center in Grand Rapids.

WE LOVE WINNI.

(Note from Admin, Please read forum policy before posting again, Thank-You.)

Coach1310

You may want to check out the Gosh Dam place. You could camp where you always do and your parents could stay there. They might have a room(s) available. Good people. Good food too!!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      Well that is pretty sad. Had a lot of good times, burgers and dinners up there snowmobiling and 4 wheeling.   www.grandrapidsmn.com/...hill...squaw-lake/article_aa3b5546-f7ed-11e7-b45d-c34d... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjnv_rsyOrYAhUGEawKHV-ECfoQFghCMAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.grandrapidsmn.com%2Fnews%2Ffire-destroys-the-hill-bar-in-squaw-lake%2Farticle_aa3b5546-f7ed-11e7-b45d-c34d5b1f648a.html&usg=AOvVaw1LRiuHCFf3M7Xusreg7vdH
    • Tom Sawyer
      Nice Bluegills Ricky! Those thumbnail sized opercular flaps are super special. H e l l those are thumbers!
    • Pat McGraw
      Well, check that one of the list. After trudging through the slush Saturday we were rewarded with a handful of undersized crappie. We'll have to try some of the options around Pelican next time. Happy, safe fishing everyone.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Beautiful weather on Sat and Sun. but plenty of traffic! No traffic today but still a very slow bite this morning. Could just be the weather change!??? Cliff
    • Draht
      Heading to that area this weekend - Curious as too how much snow cover is on the area lakes, and whether it's even worth bringing the wheelhouse?  
    • Wanderer
      I spent 3 hours last Saturday morning working on “the catalog” then went about my weekend, planning to finish at the end of the weekend.  Went to open it up and the new laptop won’t make pictures on the screen.  Tried everything; no dice.  Have to return the piece of Black Friday junk.
    • Rick G
      Here is some more dirty ice armor fish pics..... todays beast, released to fight again 
    • JerkinLips
      Cliff, did you have a lot of vehicle traffic around you on Saturday? Maybe the bad fishing on Saturday was just the weather conditions, although Saturday was beautiful weather-wise.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Same here. Thursday was a good bite and the weekend bite was mostly a bust! Cliff
    • leech~~
      I think he's going to not wash it and keep telling everyone at the bait store and on the lake he's a Pro Staff on HSO & Outdoors Minnesota. Until someone sends him a HSO hoody or new hat!
  • Share & Have Fun