Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Legit84

I think I ran into Tony Olivia on Ramsey today

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if he fishes out this way. I thought I heard a couple years back that him and Kirby Puckett used to fish out this way all the time. Anyways him and his son were loading their boat up before us and we started talking. They said they come from Chanhassen all the time to fish the lake. I hate asking someone if they are this person or not. But after looking at some pictures of him in his playing days today. I'm almost positive it was him. Thought it was pretty cool to run into someone like that, that would travel that far to come out to a little lake like Ramsey.

Anyways, Lightning cut the trip a little short today, but from the fishing we did get in, I will definately be back....

Thats Sweet... A few years back i was on Deer Lake, WI and seen Puckett at his cabin. He was really cool. He came to the end of his dock and starting catching with use. I will never forget that!!!

Tony Olivia's kid plays in a band around the area. My buddies and I ran into him one night at Pov's in Andover. Tony was very nice and let us take a picture with him. This is our baseball teams website and that is him with two of my teammates: http://www.hometeamsonline.com/visit/?u=STFRANCISSAINTS&sport=baseball&t=c

I apologize for my buddies shirt, it was his bachelor party. grin.gif

Quote:

Tony Olivia's kid plays in a band around the area. My buddies and I ran into him one night at Pov's in Andover. Tony was very nice and let us take a picture with him. This is our baseball teams website and that is him with two of my teammates:

I apologize for my buddies shirt, it was his bachelor party.
grin.gif

Nice pic, that definately verifies that that was him out there on Saturday. Ramsey must be a pretty good lake if he travels from Chanhassen all the time to fish it.

I had the opportunity to spend 4 days with Tony about 5 years ago and I can tell you that he is one of the nicest most genuine people I have ever met. We did talk about fishing a lot, and I too have run into Kirby Puckett while fishing out in this area.

When I was in college, we played down in Fort Meyers for Spring Training. We happened to stay at the same hotel as the Twins players. At night, we'd hang out down by the pool. It was mostly guys you've never seen before--rookies, minor leaguers. But there among all the unknowns was Tony Oliva, hanging out and talking to the average Joe just like anyone else. Very nice guy.