Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MN Shutterbug

Bass tourney info

11 posts in this topic

I heard there were a couple bass tournaments this weekend, one on Waska and one on La Homme Deu. Anyone hear the results?

Thanks

Check out Classic Bass .com tournament results in a few day..

Corey Putnam won the real team tourney on waska, he posts here as smallie. I guess he really blew away the field with around 28 lbs on 8 fish. I heard 2nd place wasn't even close. His partner used to work at christopherson bait but I don't know his name. The B.A.S.S. toruney results should be on their website on monday or so. Way to go Putty.

Nice Job Corey, Mamohr686 Where are you fishing in your picture with that big bass??

I caught that one on Lake Amistad in TX this spring. She weighed 9.9lbs on my digital scale before I released her.

Thanks Mark I fished with "Chuck" Matt Gilbertson....I think the top 3 guys that fished the B.A.S.S event on Le Homme Dieu all had around 12 pounds.

Corey, are you doing the Silverado's this year?

Paul

Yes as matter of fact about to head out of the office in about an hour for our 1st event on Green Lake this weekend!

What did you use and what depth. I was out there the other weekend and couldnt buy a smallmouth. Not very good at fishin for smallies though.

We caught a fair amount of fish on topwater's "skitter pop size 5", white spinnerbaits do a good job on them as well and are super easy to fish...Small plastic baits fished on jig will are good baits.

Right now you can catch fish from 1' out to the deep rock humps as deep as 30'.

Good starter places would be anywhere you got the rock sign's in the water. Lone tree lots rocks.

Corey took top honors again this weekend on Minnewaska for the Anglers Elite with 25lbs plus of smallmouth. I guess his username is spot on!! Hope they are around in 2 weeks again but they might be more challenging.