• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

June 2&3

Walli1

Sorry I'm late on this post but thats life! Hit the river early and the eyes were bitting well, the problem was the size of them, most were in the 14 1/2" range, did manage to get four in the box for a oil bath. The guy I took out this morning got only one eye, he wasn't able to detect the light bite, this new rod I have is really something, I like it better than any other rod I've fished with, today once again it worked like magic, talk about sensitive. Limit Creek rods have really stepped up fishing to another level for me, Anyways, the fish I found today were in 10- 17 fow they were caught lindy riggen with crawlers, 3' snell 3/8 weight and a size 6 octopus beak bait hook neon color, plan on being on the river in alittle over 6 hours. See you on the water!! cool.gif

Hey Walli, where do you find the Limit Creek rods? Are they pricy?

You can't convince me that the walleye population is down, sure had more than my share of little ones again this morning, did manage 2 nice ones for the oil but had a blast, gotta love the river! The bite was lite but plenty of them,a sensitive rod with light line seems to be the way to detect the lite bitters, amazing what you could miss without it! cool.gif

Sandman...

Jimmy's...Everts...and bait shop in Oakdale (forget name?) AWSOME rods for the price...contact Turk for specifics!

Breeze

I was out from noon until 6:00 with my 7yr old, Slow trolling spinners with crawlers and leeches was the ticket for me today. 6 walleyes and 1 sauger. 2 were too small, 16" sauger, 16" eye, 18" eye, 20" eye and a nice 24" eye cpr'd. Best day I have had on the croix since last July, Finally. These weren't light biters for me they were hammering it today. All of the keepers had completely empty bellies. They must have been tight lipped for a while. I will add some photos when I ge developed, I finally made my boy proud, He had a blast, He even got a free Dairy Queen from the CO's cool.gif, Dad got a warning ticket for a having an empty fire extinguisher blush.gif, oops. Well I guess I will be forced to go to FleetFarm this week smirk.gif, Boy was it nice out there without all the boats, and to think I almost let the weatherman keep me home today. Hope the rest of you did well,

Dieguy

WAY TO GO!!! SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD FUN, PLUS IT'S NICE WHEN YOUR SON ALSO CAN BE THERE WITH YOU ! CONGRATES!!!

OK, Here are the photos I promised, My little man and some nice fish on a fabulous day,

Dieguy

6-3-2007-14.jpg

One More!

6-3-2007-15.jpg

Tell jr. congrats on the nice eye. With that smile on his face, it looks like he was one very happy camper. cool.gif

What a great day you must have had.

have to agree on the Limit Creek rods. I was throwing plastics for smallies and let my boat mate borrow my new "smoothie" as it already had a lindy rig on it. results? 19" and 18" wally in 8 ft of water. dang walleye are in my smallie holes! we let 'em go to hope they grow. I've had some nice fish this year already. not huge numbers but the size has been good for both the 'eyes and smallmouth. great year for me so far on the 'Croix

You can find Limit Creek Rods at limitcreek.com and the distributers there too(the rod Walli1 uses is the medium light- LCS69MLF), these rods are under 100 bucks. The Oakdale shop is Blue Ribbon Bait (on Century Ave about a mile N of 3M) and it is a very very nice shop with tons of muskie lures and lots of live bait choices.

Turk

Hit the river sunday for a casual trip with non-fishermen and got 11 eyes (7 legal) all in about a hour period, also hit 4 large cats in the same spot, must have been alot of shad in the area, bite then died. did find crappies in the afternoon, man are they small this year, did get a few 12 inchers.

Hit the river on Friday for 3 hours and again Sunday for 3 hours. Cranks produced 3 walleyes (one 21", two shorts), 1 sauger (short) and 1 crappie (14") on Friday. I was alone and the crappie and sauger were a double. I concentrated my efforts in 17-20 fow trolling #5 and #4 shadraps between 1.2 and 1.5 mph on leadcore. The walleyes and sauger liked the bait ticking the bottom whereas the crappie was caught 2 feet off the bottom. On Sunday we only caught 3 walleyes (one 17" and 2 shorts). Tried cranks along with crawlers and spinners but never found any trends.

Sunday morning with 14 year old daughter. Smallies, sheephead and walleyes all on crawlers. Only thing in fish's stomachs were 6" fresh water lamprey.

mack6307c.jpg

I think I need to tag along with you guys one of these days. The only thing that I caught on Monday was a sunburn and a bunch of smallies. I tried Lindy rigging with worm but the smallies kept taking them. It was a bit too windy also. Well maybe Ill see you guys there this Sunday. Good luck yalls.

vxr, sometimes on the river I've found the walleyes in the same area as the smallies only a little deeper. Might be an option if it wasn't already tried.

We were out Monday too and we caught about 40 smallies....Of course we were fishing for them.. grin.gif

One 20" walleye nailed an X-rap boatside, that was cool...no huge smallies but alot of fun on tubes and jerkbaits.