Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wish-I-Were-Fishn

First timer tips for Pokegama

6 posts in this topic

Looking for fishing tips (walleye, bass, crappie) for Pokegama during mid-late June. Never been there before and want to show a good time to my daughter & son-in-law. thnx

I'd hire a guide for a day. Poke can be a hard lake to fish, and hiring a guide can really help. My uncle has a cabin on the lake and was struggling for a couple of years, hired a guide for a day and now does quite well fishing the spots he took them to

W.I.W.F. I know pokie can take some time to figure out, I do have a friend that is a guide that lives on the lake and knows the lake like the back of his hand. Very reasonable prices too. Look him up if you ar interested, his link is:

Pokegama Guide Service

www.pokegamaguideservice.com

look for the breaks off weed flats or rock and start fishing 1/4 oz jig and shiner on that 14-20 break will keep you in action and the beauty is you will never know what you will catch, northern, bass, walleye they are all there

Jason

I would recomend that you get the Lakemaster map. It's accurate. The older maps are basically worthless. Like Jason said, a jig and minnow and a nice weedline will produce a lot of fish. There is a nice weedline between king's point and Chislholm island that can be good that time of year. I also second the recomendation to get a guide. I have gone out with Dan who is the guide referenced above. He knows the lake very well, is very friendly and has good prices. Good luck!

On a full moon troll Raps on the sand bars by Nessbit Island. We used to catch some real nice eyes at night that way. Good Luck.