Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DTro

Finally going to make it up there

12 posts in this topic

I can't believe how fast one's calendar can fill up during the summer.

I usually make it up there 4-5 times a summer to visit family, fish etc.

This will be the latest as I'll be up there 6/30-7/4, staying at the Bay.

I will have my small 14ft alum with me and mostly fishing alone in the early morning and evening. If anyone is interested getting together or also alone looking for some company let me know.

I'll fish for anything, but wouldn't mind targeting muskies for a while.

Just confirmed my room, can't wait to get away for a while.

I just don't know what I'm going to fish for....

What seems to be cooperating lately?

I'll probably just anchor in front of Muksy Tom's dock as I know there are NO fish there wink.gif

The bug hatch seems to have shut the walleyes down at least for me anyway. I would try for some smallies.

Quote:

The bug hatch seems to have shut the walleyes down at least for me anyway. I would try for some smallies.

The last couple of days has been very slow for me too. tongue.gif

Just to many bugs for the walleyes to eat right now!

Cliff

When is this bug hatch going to be over?

They should be done on July 3rd at 10:00 p.m. grin.gif

Funny guy grin.gif

The "Catcraft" is going to stick out like a sore thumb. I better clean er up a bit. Scum line, shad scales, sucker guts, bullhead slime.......second thought maybe I should not touch it, then nobody else will grin.gif

THere were very few bugs on the water this morning and I did not see many clouds of bugs on the bottom.

Maybe they are just about done! tongue.gif

Cliff

Cliff -

What is, if any, the usual lag time between when you don't see anymore of the bugs and when the walleye fishing picks back up?

Hey Dtro if you see a couple giddy guys without wives and 2 year olds in a big red Skeeter swing by and we can compare notes...From the sounds of it we'll be fishing bass and maybe a little muskie fishing...If you see us WITH wives and 2 year olds maybe swing by and make sure we have enough beer left.. grin.gif We will be spending all our time on the East end..

I'll keep my eye open and try to do my best to keep you supplied if I can help wink.gif

It will be easy to spot me. I'm sure I'll have the only boat that says "Catcraft" on the side grin.gif

Casey. Shoot me an email if you want to go fishing sometime this summer. Mayflies were still hatching last night but not as many. Some midges starting. Eyeballs should pick up soon. smile.gif