Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
guts

Little Known Regulation

4 posts in this topic

CO Steen brought to my attention a reulation, #6262.3250.

Within the regulation it states a completely filleted sauger will be counted as a walleye. An exception to this is if a licensed fish packer leaves the full skin, dorsal fin and tail attached to the fillet.

An angler wishing to clean his own fish having his 4 eyes and two saugers, he must leave the fish whole, however the saugers may be gut and gilled.

Campers in the Kab, Nam, basin cannot clean their catch, unless they are preparing a meal of their fish, or having a shore lunch. The remaining catch of fish, if cleaned can only be gut and gilled until the reach their shoreline destination. The regulation was apparently adopted in 01/13/04.

For further information on this reg, you could go to the DNR website and find this statute 6262.3250 Minnesota Rules, table of contents for chapter 6262

confused.gif Thanks Guts

Guts,

I'm coming up next Sat. What if we catch a few in the morning, both sauger and walleye, planning on having a fish supper. We clean them when we come in for breakfast, leaving them in the frig until supper. Can we do that? What should the fillets still have attached to be legal?

Thanks.

fisinfritz, to keep it simple stay within a limit of 4 fish per person, and you can fillet them for your meal. A filleted sauger is a walleye, countwise. If you are going to have over 4 fillets per person as some are sauger, they must be kept whole, alive or gut and gilled until they are to be put in the skillet. guts