Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iabhtr

will be on the lake June 3rd - 7th

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys whats the latest on the lake & the weather , will be up Sunday for a few days & just wondered what the good & the bad is about whats happenin , Thanks Dan

Dan,

I went out tonight, with my two youngin's to try my luck out deep once again.

we went out almost 4 miles and found the waves to be slightly challenging. I was ok, but my two kids couldnt figure out how to fish in the topsy turvy rollers.

the fish were still out there where I found them the other day, but there were fewer fish and they were more scatteredand deeper (32 - 27 fow)

I decided it would be better to try our hand in against shore.

we went south of the birches landing and only marked a couple fish, but it was much calmer so we stayed a half hour, but I just cant sit still when it's prime time and I'm not on fish, so we headed over to bena bar.

I only marked a couple fish suspended off the ledge, but I noticed the wind had layed down considerably, so we beat feet back north to the humps to try our hand at those fish.

they were on the move because I could not locate them in the same spot twice.

I finaly hooked one and let my son crank it in, while my daughter handled the net, boating our only fish, a nice 19 inch walleye.

they got cold and it was time to go.

just give me one good day on the lake and I will figure them out!

sounds like sunday will be the better of the weekend days.

they are talking rain tomorrow.

I think I will be there. maybe monday too!

Hey Guys,

I will be on Winnie Monday morning - Wednesday Noon.

Anybody wanna meet up on the Lake? Do you have Marine Radio??

If you have Marine Radio, I'm usually on 14.

I have a Silver & Black 18' Alumacraft Tournament Sport (full windshield) with a 140 HP Suzuki & a 6' White Marine Radio Antenna.

Either way, let me know or post some info and maybe we can meet up somewhere - I'll check here a few times on occasion up to Sunday around 7PM.

just put a radio in my boat , never had 1 before , I will be in a red Pro V , I have always been pretty stupid out on the humps & bars , so if you see somebody acting like they dont know what they are doing and in a red lund , it will probably be me smile.gif

You'll be fine. Bring & use Leeches. A good way to fish the bars is to drift 'em. Just drift along the edge or above the edge and kick it to keep your frift line with the trolling motor.

Give me a shout on Ch. 14!